Do active jw's count their time they post here for field service?

by HockeyMullet 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

We actually had a special needs talk about this ( internet witnessing) a couple of years ago . The need was against doing so . Then a few meetings later a sis was D'fd. hmmmm. It was stressed we maybe contacting Apostates when on the internet .Well duh !

• delilah
    delilah

Hockey, you asked," Did it start when you left the kh parking lot or at the first door?

We used to start our time, BEFORE we even got to the service arrangement...you can imagine the hours we put in eh???

• juni
    juni

Also they would count these successive posts as return visits. Good for rainy days and very cold temps.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well now let's ,see that's 7 -RV's , 0 -NH's , and I've been on three hours .I'd say "what a good morning I've had !" now if I give some old mag.'s to the garbage man today , I could count those as placements. Thanks for all your help today guys !

• lola28
    lola28

I will now.....hehe

lola

• opr83
    opr83

So, the issue of "counting time" is an interesting one. Any scriptural reference to counting time? And please don't anyone give me the tired argument "God is a God of order", or "the ancient records show how precisely matters were recorded.". Not applicable, and certainly not how "time" is used in the organization. It is used as a measurement of the individual. Yes, it is useful to a worldwide organization in figuring out printing needs, dollars spent, where we may need emphasis, etc., but it is primarily used as a measurement of those "reaching out" for "greater privileges", or worse, those "weak and needing help, or falling away". The amount of time has become a litmus test for those that can be used and those that should not be. These are inappropriate and distorted uses of this tool.

I've often wondered what God actually thinks of this obsession with time. I opt for a single block, with no name, saying "did you witness to someone this month? Yes or No should be checked, and then sent on to the society for counting. The amount of printing needs can be tracked by the amount of orders from the congregations.

"Field Service Report"...........What a mislabel of a form..........

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I sure counted the time when I posted to "opposers." I started counting the minute I logged on with the "intention" to find a post to respond to and ended when I logged-off my computer.

One of my more difficult decisions was figuring out whether I could count links I posted to brochures as placements. My elder Dad and I bounced that one around a bit - can't remember what we decided, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit