I think I've finally had it! (long)

by lynnmelo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    starts with G, ends with T, and rhymes with "boat"

Hm. ... , is it "garrote" ... no that ends with an "e" ... I'll think of it, give me time.

lynnmelo,

I think it is amazing what an about face you have done in your short time reading and posting here. Now do you understand fully why the Watchtower Society tells its adherents to avoid the Internet as much as possible? They know what people will find out.

If you read your posts to this thread three months ago, you would think you are "filled with venom." I looked back at your first thread back in December, less than two months ago...

Why all the venom?

I think it is amazing to see your transformation and the scales falling from your eyes. I am so pleased we were able to play a part in that process.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• lynnmelo
    lynnmelo

AuldSoul, how right you are. I've cringed a few times when I remember the naiveté of my first post. When I posted then, I was still in the mindset that the Witnesses were being persecuted, and I was believing my bible study conductor's opinion that I just wasn't strong enough to stand up for what's right.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

hi lynn: i posted in your last few threads. and i'm full of venom about the wt. but all the venom you see in my posts. are nothing to the venom that the jw's show to someone. when you don't kneel at the wt's feet. it's been the jw's that have been persecuting you. you ask a few good questions. or don't kiss thier asses. now jehovah is going to kill you... what a load of shit. they are only looking for people that can be easliy CONNED. after i did one months reseach on the wt . i had the elders heads spinning. Now i have years of experence , and they run when they see me on the street. BE SMART CUT YOUR LOSSES, NOW AND FORGET ABOUT THEM. OR PAY MY PLANE FARE TO YOUR TOWN, FOR A FEW WEEKS AND WATCH ME MAKE THEM ALL LOOK LIKE SPRITUAL DRUNKARDS. thank your self that you saW through them , before they made a WT ZOMBIE OUT OF YOU ... JOHN

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Hi Lynn,

I read the post of Auld Soul and it is so true. I got a warm feeling as I remember sending you a note or 2 also. It is just like when I was a JW and watched and helped someone 'come in the truth'.

There are even now some new ones starting out at the same place you were. They have not seen what we have seen , so it is hard for them to understand the strong feelings of some others on this board.

B

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((lynnmelo))) you have encouraged me so much.

In your first post, you wrote that you've been studying with the JW's for a little over two years now. And yet, in less than two months you have decided it is not for you. I am hearing of many others that wake up in almost no time at all—compared to how much time they spent being indoctrinated. This makes me have hope that my wife and extended family will one day "snap out of it," too.

I'm so glad this hiccup in your life was so short-lived.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Good for you Lynn. Yes, it is standard behaviour. Your rejecting her is threatening her whole existence and so she has to protect herself.
    When a bible study attends meetings regularly it is quickly assumed they will get baptised. The gossip that happens if you stop going is normal too, as the congregation has to explain how you possibly could reject what is obviously the truth. The reasons are generally that you couldnt live without premarital sex, or some other vice that you must be addicted to. In your case you seem to have made it know that you had made a more intelligent decision than that, so they will right you off as being misled by Satan's apostates, so you must have been a goat all along.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

This woman is a fanatic, and you should run away from her like a jew running from a nazi persecutor. You'll either conform to her expectations or get kicked out by the elders at her behest .I think I hear the sound of boots coming for you.

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

When someone like you pulled out of the study, I would always find peace by looking again at Jesus' illustration in Mt 13. I would put the person in one of the catagories he mentioned. Now I realize that doesn't work because it is not kingdom seed that Jw's are sowing in the first place.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit