Are you a "loner"?

by JH 37 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Do you like being alone most of the time? I don't know if it's due to the fact that I don't have many friends, but I get along fine all alone. Just posting here I don't feel alone.

Try this loner test, and see if you are a "loner"

http://www.queendom.com/tests/minitests/fx/loner.html

My results:

Results of "The Test"
    Are you a loner?
    Your score = 60

What does your score mean?

You're a happy medium on the loner scale. You enjoy socializing, but you also have your moods when you'd rather be alone. Social interaction is important for forming human bonds, getting support and affirming your own personal identity. (As Charles Augustin Sainte-Beauve said, "Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.") But it's equally important to do things for yourself, have time to reflect and explore the world in your own way. In fact, doing things on your own makes you a stronger, more interesting person. Whether or not you consciously aspired to this state of harmony between independence and human bonding, you seem to have achieved it!

• JH
    JH

Not only am I a loner, but I don't want many friends. Just one will do.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

70%

Some people would call you independent, others might say you're anti-social. You don't go out of your way to be with people, and actually prefer your own company to that of others! This may not pose any problems if you truly enjoy leading an isolated life, but you could be missing out on some great experiences and meaningful relationships. Give yourself a little nudge occasionally to spend some quality time with others, and you'll probably discover you like it more than you expected. Independence can be a real virtue, but humans are social animals. Don't deny that part of yourself that craves human contact!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder
    Are you a loner?
    Your score = 35

What does your score mean?

You're a happy medium on the loner scale. You enjoy socializing, but you also have your moods when you'd rather be alone. Social interaction is important for forming human bonds, getting support and affirming your own personal identity. (As Charles Augustin Sainte-Beauve said, "Tell me who admires and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.") But it's equally important to do things for yourself, have time to reflect and explore the world in your own way. In fact, doing things on your own makes you a stronger, more interesting person. Whether or not you consciously aspired to this state of harmony between independence and human bonding, you seem to have achieved it!
  • JH
    JH

I've been a loner for so long, that I don't know if it's because i choose to be like this, or if I became a loner becase I ended up alone, and adapted to it....

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

What a social butterfly! Your answers showed that you like being with people, and don't often get the urge to be alone. Your outgoing nature has likely helped you form many meaningful relationships and brought great experiences in to your life. Make sure, however, that you're able to be happy on your own. While it's wonderful to be social, it's also not healthy to depend too much on others for your happiness. If you always need to be with other people to enjoy yourself, consider breaking away from the pack from time to time and doing some stuff alone. Even if it feels a bit strange at first, you'll surely find it grows on you. Then, when you come together with the people who matter most to you, you'll have interesting things to contribute to the conversation.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I got 30 and this:

JH I don't think of you as a loner type to be quite honest. I think you are very personable and are very at ease amongst many people. I get the impression that you are well liked by many people and have the ability to make many friends from diverse backgrounds.

• JH
    JH

I think so too misspeaches, but I ended up alone...

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

50%

I've been a loner for so long, that I don't know if it's because i choose to be like this, or if I became a loner becase I ended up alone, and adapted to it....

ditto

I just don't see you as a natural-type loner either, JH. And I can't imagine you being alone for long...

~Merry

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    I think so too misspeaches, but I ended up alone...

I soooo know where you are coming from JH. I felt like that for years and years! I felt so lonely as a JW and when I left as well. It wasn't until I was really able to shake those weird JW personality traits I had developed that I was really able to discover who I was. And I began making some really genuine friends and met my boyfriend.

I think that because spending copious years as a JW it socially stunts/hinders you and you do have some weird things you do or say. Once you get fully over this and just let you, JH the one we know, shine people will love you just as much as we do here!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit