Anyone else have UC or Crohn's?

by slimboyfat 21 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

All,

Thank you all for your individual messages. I am sorry I don't feel up to answering everyone individually, but I have read all you have written and thanks for the advice and messages of support.

LDH

I never worry about anything. Others are often exasperated that I don't get overly concerned about things perhaps I should. I really doubt my Ulcerative Colitis has a psychological cause. I live in the here and now and let tomorrow take care of itself. As I pretty much claim ownership of the bathroom these days you could say that there is some friction in the family now, especially since my illness looks like its here for good.

Danny,

Thanks for all the information and support. I got some probiotic yoghurt and I don't know if it is helping yet, but it does taste rather good. I asked my doctor and he said I can go back up to 60mg of prednisone because my symptoms have got much worse again.

Can I ask how you could have acted differently during the early stages of your illness that would have made it better in the long run?

Some people swear by diets and supplements and others say not to take any notice and that it has nothing to do with diet, so I am quite confused at the moment and don't know what to believe. Since I will have this for the rest of my life, or until I have surgery, I guess I have plenty of time to research and experiment and make up my own mind.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Can I ask how you could have acted differently during the early stages of your illness that would have made it better in the long run?

In a word-Join an online support group do a keyword search

Damned if i do damned if i don't--looking back,I should have had my bowel out age 13 year 1970 when i became deathly ill instead of living 28 years with a rotted bowel and then i would be a teenage boy with my shit going into a bag OR stayed on 60 mg prednisone (cost .25 cents a day cheaper then a cup of coffee) which would have shortened my life

Life and death decisions were based on the Watchtower's promise of the new system coming in 1975 and that is a fact!

I am not making this up,i have enough history with the watchtower to bash them on other issues and don't need to invent anything more.-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit