Nathan Homer Knorr - Post your story about him here

by VM44 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( nowisee ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

From the Claw in Good ole New York. Hope they reach you wherever you are.

• nowisee
    nowisee

thanks so much merry. thanks so much claw. i feel it. people who haven't been there just don't get it. it means so much to know that there are those (you) out there who understand.

• blondie
    blondie

Missed you, nowisee. Glad to see you here.

Blondie

• belbab
    belbab

MARCHE OU CREVE, LA MORT DE CHARLES DE WILDA TOE THE LINE OR CROAK, THE DEATH OF CHARLES DE WILDA One tragic event that happened at the Watchtower Headquarters during my service there involves Charles de Wilda.
    Charlie, as we all called him, was a deserter from the Cavalry after the First World War and looking for employment, he came to Headquarters. He was told there was work available, but the salary was only twenty dollars a month with room and board. He accepted the offer and when I knew him, he had already worked there for more than thirty years. Now, Charlie was old, a little slower, but still a hard worker. President Knorr often praised him and used him as an example for the volume of work that one man could accomplish. Charlie was the best bookbinder on the fourth floor. But, like everyone else who worked at Bethel, he was not allowed like everyone else to get married if he wanted to stay at Bethel. Knorr often repeated this rule, and that irritated Charlie. However, in 1952, violating his own rule, Knorr married Audry Mock, one of the sisters at Bethel. A few years after the marriage, Charlie went to see Knorr, and told him he had broken his own law and he should resign. He added: “You preach love more than anyone else, but it is you that practice it the least.” The result of this confrontation, Charlie was not allowed his usual seat in the cafeteria, and was relegated to a distant corner at the back. The pretext for this is that he was rude. It was evident that he was being punished. He refused to remain put in his new seating place and returned to his former place. His life was made so bitter at Bethel, he took his few possessions and departed. Bethel was his whole life. He never even took his vacations. He did not know where to go, he never had any one to receive him, but for him, at the time, anything was better than Bethel. I met him later, he slept at a flophouse for fifty cents a night. When he was short of money, he begged from Bethel workers and other Witnesses to give him some money to provide him with food. I gave him some for his needs. The Bethel workers were instructed to not give him money, and a letter was sent saying the same from the Bethel headquarters directed to the congregations in the area. I heard later, that eventually Charles de Wilda died on a park bench in a public park. That is how one rewards a man who after forty years of faithful service in “God’s organization because he denounced an evident anomaly. This was an example that revealed to me how little the love that exists at headquarters for the personnel who worked there. The above story was written by William (Bill) Cetnar and is part of an article translated from English into vaariou other languages. I could not find the English version so I have translated this post into English to the best of my ability. The whole article may be found at: http://www.info-sectes.org/tj/temoign/bcetnar.htm#p15 belbab, do I need to make a comment?

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( nowIsee )))

Belbab, very disturbing story.

• LDH
    LDH

Amazing stories!!!!!

Thanks all who contributed.

((((((((((nowisee))))))))))

• metatron
    metatron

Keep this mind: if you think Knorr was a cold hearted dictator, then what sort of Nazi do you think Jaracz is?

-- from bad to worse!

Overheard from the number 3 factory building circa 1973 ( to the tune of "Jesus Christ, Superstar"), following a long condemnatory

comment by the Society's President:

"Nathan Knorr,

Superbore,

Who or what are your comments for?!"

metatron

• joelbear
    joelbear

one word stood out in my mind from the long article. "profitable"

i was stunned when i was pioneering when a CO told me not to say to a householder that we ask for

a contribution to cover the cost of printing because it didn't cost anywhere near that amount to print

the books.

shocked young idealist

• VM44
    VM44

During the Knorr reign the quality of the publications increased greatly.

Also, Knorr insisted that the books be hardback. He would never have permitted paperback books.

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

hi joelbear,

At least the CO was trying to have people say the honest thing, that the literature really did NOT cost that much to publish.

It is amazing that The Watchtower has made in the past a huge profit on the books and literature, I wonder if going to the "donation" arrangement has hurt their financial cash flow?

--VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit