Pagan Symbols

by I.O.C. 34 Replies latest jw friends

• I.O.C.
    I.O.C.

Why does the watchtower society use a pagan symbol as their logo?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Because they are apostates and hypocrites who strain gnats and gulp camels. Welcome to JWD.

AuldSoul

• I.O.C.
    I.O.C.

You are right about your description of J.W.s, but you forgot to mention modern day pharisees, Arian heretics, Adventist wanna-be's, Russellite stooges. I ask a simple question and I get a typical no brain dumb f*** response from some bedwetter that skirts the issue.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Polite much?

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

Perhaps you should ask a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses....I am no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses so I'm afraid I can't help you.

Oh and maybe if you were a little more civil, after all they simply made a joke, not the greatest maybe but they did try and they then welcomed you to the board....and you were...well...you know what you were I don't need to tell you.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I get a typical no brain dumb fuck response from some bedwetter

Ouch! And what kind of response do you expect from others after that retort?

If the response you got was so typical I wonder why you bothered to ask the question.

So why do you now suppose that your very good question has not been addressed yet?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Perhaps you don't realize that most here are fomer jws. Maybe you'd like to tell us about your take on the pagan symbol and why the society uses it. Be nice now...I'm a grandmother. And welcome...I think. By the way, Auld Soul is a good guy.... try reading some of his posts. After doing so, you may realize that you owe him an apology. He's probably the least deserving of your anger.

Coffee

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Oops... I spelled former wrong in my post above... working on my first cup of coffee...which hasn't kicked in 100% yet...

Coffee

• Undecided
    Undecided

You better watch your language, they are up in that tower watching you and are as mean as a pagan.

Ken P.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Have you ever heard the maxim, "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?" The same is true of simple question, you will get a simple answer.

Because they are apostates and hypocrites who strain gnats and gulp camels.

Please note, I was not attempting to DESCRIBE JWs. I began my response with the word "because." What follows that word purports to EXPLAIN the cause of the effect or state to which you drew attention. Knowing nothing whatsoever about you or your experience with JWs, it is impossible for me to make an educated guess how much detail you need. If the level of detail I gave was insufficient, allow me to flesh out the reasons a bit:

(1) They are apostates, so they have no qualms about symbology or the origin of symbology as it relates to themselves. The only reason they ever take issue with symbology is to further divide adherents from the rest of the world, which, if their instruction is heeded, automatically creates a more dependent adherent. They strain out gnats in that they write an explanation for why the fleur de lis is alright to use in decoration as long as no one's conscience may be bothered. They gulp camels by displaying a watchtower as part of their logo that is distributed worldwide in so many lands and languages that someone is bound to be bothered by it.

(2) They are hypocrites for not practicing what they preach (see point #1).

Next time you want a well developed answer, try asking a well developed question.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit