Another great story from a JW message board. Bring a barf bag!

by jeeprube 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sf
    sf

where are these wacky posts coming from??

http://groups.msn.com/TrueServantsofJehovah/messageboard.msnw

sKally

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    No hiding from Jehovah!

oh yeah, the REVEALER OF SECRETS!!

ooo

apparently he's not working overtime, I'm still here...

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

No comment. Just trying to...hold in...chunks...

Hey jeeprube! Love the pic by the way! What are you doing in in?

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

FOUND THIS ON ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD-NO BARF BAG NEEDED!

My mom had a friend who's daughter got pregnant by her boyfriend. When her daughter went to the "Hall" they literally turned their backs on her. Now when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter I wasn't yet married. I went to my mom's church "Methodist" and even though I knew that being pregnant out of wedlock was not the way to go they never shunned me. The Pastor's wife gave me some of her old maternity clothes. The members came to visit me and help out as much as possible. Now I don't believe in religion cause it's man made but as Christians our job is not to shun those who do wrong or go against God's Word but to help them and be kind. Even if they don't convert. The best way to get people on God's side is by showing them the love and kindness He gives. Cause that's what God is "Love". JW's didn't even believe in Christianity now all of a sudden they do. They thought they could predict the end of the world but everytime the dates came and went, they looked stupid. They call themselves the true religion but they were started by a guy who didn't agree with what the "Luthern's" were teaching (I believe that was the religion) and decided to create his own religion. The truth? According to who? Fortunately the men I've dated who were raised JW didn't believe it and turned to Christianity. I actually studied their Bible against the universal Bible and it is so wrong. SoSo is right about the 144,000. My mother-in-law (who is one) tried to convince me that I wasn't going to heaven. So my question is if only 144,000 are going to heaven then why do all this work? What goal are you working towards? Christians do God's work cause of the promise of ever lasting life in heaven with Him. So they are just doing all this work just to die? That makes no sense. My mil also told me that speaking in tongues was the devil. Don't let them fool you. It doesn't matter if they know alot about the Bible and can quote scriptures - so can the "Devil".
  • Swan
    Swan

Hmmmm...

I know the JWs have been told to stay off the Internet, but has there been some sort of new light about using spell checkers? You know, it doesn't take a genius to spell genius, but apparently it takes more than an Awake education.

feild (misspelled twice)
    geneous'
    oportunity
    saturday (not capitalized)
    kling
    dipicting
    immediatly
    christian (not capitalized)

I hope Zack and Micah's straight A grades will be of great benefit in the pioneer work. While Josiah is teaching them how to preach in the field, maybe they can teach Josiah how to spell field.

Tammy

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

That 2nd article instead of spending so much time in "feild study" maybe she should have been learning how to spell, and use their/there, where/were correctly. Johoba's rich blessing of edumacation showing there.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    We had a long conversation with her and she had to face the fact she had been so rude in her past dealings. We did not push that but was very loving to her and just treated her as nothing was different. She did give me a lame excuse for her bad conduct.

Yet another perfect example of a JW whose comprehension of basic politeness is nonexistent. No etiquette rule was violated by a woman not answering her door!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

And of course Micah doesn't really have a beard, it's fake :)

phew..we can breathe easier now......

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Hey jeeprube! Love the pic by the way! What are you doing in in?

That's a pic from a backpacking trip last winter.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    No etiquette rule was violated by a woman not answering her door!

My thoughts exactly. The rude person in this example is the JW sister who continues to knock on someone elses door, week after week when it is clear that she is not welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit