State of the U.S. economy - bleak

by watch the tower 26 Replies latest social current

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it would be fun if it did collapse. lot's of all around entertainment.

but it's not collapsing man. that article is fear mongering.

you'll enjoy life more, when you not only shed the WTS fear, but religious and political and cultural fears too. the world is gonna keep turning with or without you. in all its glorious insanity.

ts

• observador
    observador

"Good lord Skyman, use spell check will you?"

This won't help him.
    If you submit "what ever" or "world wide" to a spell checker, it will give you a "No error found" response.
    Spell checker is good only for people who know the basics. :)

Observador.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Whether or not the economy collapses, there isn't a single thing any of us can do about it.
    So why even be concerned.

I've been putting off buying a big screen TV but I'm going to do it today.

Just in case the economy does collapse and they catch it on video.

willow

• skyman
    skyman

I am not saying there is doom and gloom ahead for the US economy. I can see what could happen and people need to keep an eye open for options. I can see why from this board more than 90% of the people will not have enough money to adequately retire. Because they where too stupid to investigate and think. What some of you remind me of the JW mind set narrow and dumb. I will not brag what I have but I will tell you this I am in the top 3% and I bet none of the people that posted comments like the ones below are in the 10%

I wasted 3 minutes of my life reading this tripe.....where do I apply for a refund of those minutes?

I have worked hard for what I have and I have a lot because I think and see what 90% don't

This is all crap.

No this is not crap it is the way the money world works, if you understanding it you can make you lot of the money. I will how about you.

Good lord Skyman, use spell check will you?"

Tipical for many on this board. Enigma One I went and copied and pasted your back threads, you need spellcheck and to correct your grammar as well. I have fired a lot of people like you they sure look smart as they leave looking for work.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    No this is not crap it is the way the money world works, if you understanding it you can make you lot of the money. I will how about you.

Something you need to consider when preaching about money, Skyman, is that some of us don't care. Money means very little to me. Retirement means even less. I love what I do to earn money and don't have the need to ever give it up. I have fulfilling activities that don't require huge sums of money. I don't find pleasure in collecting money or the stuff it buys.

If you do, that's fine and I wish you well. If you disagree and can discuss why, I'll listen. But why call others stupid just because they don't agree with you or don't share your high regard for money?

Oh wait...... now I get it. You're just trying to get a rise out of us, get us all agitated and upset till we give in to your way of thinking. I should have realized ..... that's the same stuff those pompous JWs pull to get us to "adjust one's thinking".

Simply put, I agree with Soledad.

willow

• Robdar
    Robdar

Skyman, I agree that we have a problem in the US but don't agree that the economy is about to collapse. Maybe in a few more years? Hopefully not. I do agree that we need to get out of Iraq and that we will be paying for this war for years to come.

Still, if your offer is good to tell me how to make a lot of money, I accept. Where do we start?

Robyn

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Compare posts Skyman.

While my post is certainly not perfect, compare it to yours, and figure out which post sounds more intelligent. Although given the silliness of the content, don't expect much.

"I am glad Greenspan is here to protect our money; people just don't understand how the money world really works. We have a worldwide debt that is getting bigger and bigger. The US made an agreement that it would help the OPEC nations with whatever it needed to produce and sell their oil if they would only use the US dollar in payment for their oil. That means a country that buys oil from an OPEC nation must do it with US funds. This in turn is the gold of the past. The buying and selling of oil products pushes the value of the US dollar up. We are no longer an export nation we are an import nation. An import nation bleeds to death fast, so the US set up an ingenious way of setting the balance. This is the US dollar. Now the Euro is looking real sweet which will hurt the US economy dearly if OPEC starts allowing nation to buy with the Euro. This is what has kept the US economy from collapsing.

Only few years ago if nations went against the US we would stop selling them products like wheat. Why? Because they had to have our products to survive (EMBARGO). Now we have a worldwide distribution market that other nations now can buy their products like wheat from another nation. We had the world at our disposal at one time. You get the picture. We could hold the nations of the world for ransom to get what we wanted, and a nation paid a heavy price if they did not do what we asked. If we lose the power of the oil being sold in US dollars our economy will be hurt badly. The economists of the world think it will be a blow that would bankrupt the nation and the USA would collapse just like Russia did. Gold prices reflect how stable the dollar is. Gold is at a 24 year high, which means our dollar is becoming weak.

The timing of the problems in Iran is just what the US needed. Why? Because in March Iran is switching over to the Euro for payment of oil, and if this happens, you better switch all your money over to Euros as well."

It only took me about 20 minutes to clean this turd up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit