Stupid "Bible" Prophecies The Watchtower & "Slave" Fed Us

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

If you ever look thru the really old Watchtowers, it's a real hoot! And The Finished Mystery book was too funny! I like the part <i thiink it was about the 1260 days, and how they referred to the measurements from a bridge in New York or Jersey to Bethel. Now THAT was supposed to fulfill Bible prophecy!

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    And The Finished Mystery book was too funny! I like the part <i thiink it was about the 1260 days, and how they referred to the measurements from a bridge in New York or Jersey to Bethel

A ha ha ha, you have to be kidding. Anyone have that quote?

• minimus
    minimus

Something about the Laksawana (sp) Bridge fulfilling Bible prophecy right to Fulton St.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

The society declaring that elders are picked by holy spirit, its more like holy sh*t! They can't stop trying to pat

themselves on the back. They should have wrote the twist and sang it before Chubby Checker, because the

way they can twist things is way beyond normal and amazes me.

I remember when they started saying this. I always thought that the elders were getting jealous of all the attention given to the C.O. and D.O. so the society patronized them with some kind of special title of their own. How pathetic is that.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    With this sort of logic, that means that no Dub should watch Rocky I, II or III because Apollo Creed is one of the main characters

And by the same token, no dub should visit a doctor as they have all taken the Hippocratic Oath.....

I SWEAR by Apollo the physician and AEsculapius, and Health, and All-heal, and all the gods and goddesses..............etc

• james_woods
    james_woods

When the judicial committee came to ream me out about apostacy, they made a big deal that there was ONE lamb in Rev. That ONE lamb was literal! So, the 144,000 must also be LITERAL? Simple, No?

I pointed out that perhaps use of the term LAMB was far from being literal...

On another issue from this thread came a memory of that first moon landing. We were at a convention in Kansas City, Mo. at the time. There was a lot of talk about whether there would be any acknowledgement on the moon shot from the platform. Finally, one of the keynote speakers mentioned it in the tone of a put-down - how it was a pathetic worldy attempt to be God-like, blah blah blah, etc. They also speculated that there could be "BLOOD ON THE MOON" if the nations got into a sort of star-wars for this territory. What a great understanding of the technology of that day...we were doing good just to get there and back, let alone shoot lasers at one another. Besides, all the Russian attempts blew up on the pad!

• badboy
    badboy

wERE JWS ACTUALLY TORTURED AS CLAIMED?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    For me one of the dumbest is that Jesus prophecied that a "faithful and discreet slave" would give food at the proper time. No one can identify the "slave". Really. And millions of JWs follow the "slave" yet know not even how to get in touch with them.

lol! Food at the proper time = no wait!...oops!...We have new light now. THATS NOT FOOD!

• minimus
    minimus

The faithful & discreet slave's food is not even as good as McDonald's or Wendy's!

• Think
    Think

"Finished Mystery " ! The MysteryTower is Finished !

SoapBubbleTower is THE Mystery ready to BURST !

We are the Evil Slaves from Matt 24:48-51 ! PLease spare us !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit