Stupid "Bible" Prophecies The Watchtower & "Slave" Fed Us

by minimus 49 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    So he brought me to the inner courtyard of the house of Jehovah, and, look! at the entrance of the temple of Jehovah, between the porch and the altar, there were about twenty-five men with their backs to the temple of Jehovah and their faces to the east, and they were bowing down to the east, to the sun. And he went on to say to me: ‘Have you seen this, O son of man? Is it such a light thing to the house of Judah to do the detestable things that they have done here, that they have to fill the land with violence and that they should offend me again, and here they are thrusting out the shoot [twig] to my nose? And I myself also shall act in rage. My eye will not feel sorry, neither shall I feel compassion. And they will certainly call out in my ears with a loud voice, but I shall not hear them.’"—Ezekiel 8:15-18; footnote reading.

The comment in "Nations Know Jehovah, How?"

kj

chap. 8 pp. 157-158
    Christendom’s infection with the worship of false gods, the gods of demonism, betrays itself very slyly. For instance, on July 20, 1969, when for the first time a human astronaut set foot upon the moon, who was glorified thereby, according to the way that the scientific group responsible for it named things that were involved? Certainly not Jehovah, the Creator of the moon, but the mythological sun-god. How so? Because the man-made spacecraft with which the successful moon-shot for putting Americans on our lunar satellite was made was named Apollo, Number Eleven. Phoebus Apollo was the sun-god of the ancient Greeks and was also the twin brother of Artemis (or Diana), the moon-goddess. This Apollo of the Greeks has been traced back as being the first king of Babylon, namely, Nimrod, the "mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah." (Genesis 10:8-10) Since that first landing on the moon, further moon-shots have been made in spacecrafts of the "Apollo" series. All a part of sun worship!

I never could see any logic in that"application"...to quibble over the name of the space rocket seeme crazy

• Mary
    Mary
    the man-made spacecraft with which the successful moon-shot for putting Americans on our lunar satellite was made was named Apollo, Number Eleven. Phoebus Apollo was the sun-god of the ancient Greeks and was also the twin brother of Artemis (or Diana), the moon-goddess. This Apollo of the Greeks has been traced back as being the first king of Babylon, namely, Nimrod, the "mighty hunter in opposition to Jehovah." (Genesis 10:8-10) Since that first landing on the moon, further moon-shots have been made in spacecrafts of the "Apollo" series. All a part of sun worship!

Oh ya, that makes perfect sense!! I'll go one further: With this sort of logic, that means that no Dub should watch Rocky I, II or III because Apollo Creed is one of the main characters. This is obviously an attempt by Satan de Debbil to get humans to worship the reincarnation fo Artemis' twin brother. Even worse, he was a black man and according to either Russell or Rutherford (can't remember which one), black people are really their happiest in their roles as servants.

• minimus
    minimus

Actually, anything written by F.W. Franz and J.F. Rutherford and C.T Russell and N.H. Knorr is stupid.

• minimus
    minimus

BB----that is a GREAT quote!! Everything is demonized, isn't it?

• joelbear
    joelbear

the locusts in revelation represents the magazines and books, sheesh.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Ok there was certainly miscommunication.

The WatchTower faith led many believers to think they are slaves to God.

The truth is we are servants of God. There is a HUGE difference.

Slaves are people who have to take what they get no questions asked, no favors rendered. Slaves get nothing.

Servants of God....get everything they need. God blesses His servants and they can talk to Him.

BlessedStar

• M.J.
    M.J.

the 2,300 "evenings and mornings" prophecied the period that the JW witnessing work was hampered by the "Anglo American World Power" during WWII.

The 2 faithful slaves in Revelation were killed, representing Rutherford & other WTS leaders being thrown in jail. They were shamed by not being buried, representing da Judge and company being denied bail. They were resurrected, representing their release from captivity and the release from Babylon the Great. Whatever.

Saying that Daniel's prophecies were kept from being discerned (sealed) until the "the time of the end"...But wait! If the beginning of the "end times" was 1914, then how did Barbour and Russell understand Daniel's 1914 prophecy in the 1870s?

• Scully
    Scully
    It was ok for Jael to nail a man's head to the ground with a tent peg

When I was a JW, I thought Jael was one of the coolest women in the Bible. OK, so luring Sisera into the tent and drugging him first before slamming a tent peg through his head was a bit sociopathic, but I can't see how it's worse than David cutting the foreskins off a couple hundred Philistines.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    1915 "Furthermore, Science declares that there is a far mightier Center, around which these countless millions of suns revolve, accompanied by their planets and satellites. This great Center seems to be associated with the Pleiades, particularly with Alcyone, the central star of this renowned group. For this reason the suggestion has been made that the Pleiades may represent the Residence of Jehovah, the place from which He governs the Universe. This thought gives new force to the question which the Almighty asked the patriarch Job: "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Canst thou bring forth the constellations of the Zodiac in their season?"-- 'Job 38:31,32'. There seem to be fewer stars in the North than in any other part of the heavens. Thus the North seems to have been given a very prominent position, the other points of the compass giving it homage, as it were. This fact was observed by the ancients, as the Prophet Job declares--"He stretcheth out the North over the empty space, and hangeth the earth upon nothing." ('Job 26:7'.) Throughout the Scriptures the North seems to be closely associated with Jehovah's government of the earth. {ZWT Jun 15 1915 185}

...long time ago, though. Had JWs today been told that this was actually once in their litterature, they`d have to...well, swallow it up and go "but that was another time, we have had an increased understanding since then..." (duh..)

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The naming of the American spacecraft makes sense when you look at what they signified:

Mercury-Incredibly fast, lone messenger-Mercury capsule-lone occupant compartment

Gemini-The Twins - Gemini Program - Dual occupants in the capsule

Apollo - Chariot riding Sun God, had two assistants riding with him - Apollo Program - Three occupants in the capsule

Sun worship my a**. Another failed prophecy for the WT, who said that attempts to the moon would fail....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit