Naughty Japanese defy WBTS and enter college.

by imfreeimfree 16 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

I was talking to a longtime faithful Japanese JW who said that recently there are many young Witnesses going to University.

I said " What about the recent DC and circuit assembly talks as well as the Watchtowers, very firmly discouraging college. The reply was " Yes they are hearing but not doing " .

As we all know that is a radical change for the normally obedient Japanese.

They are openly defying the WBTS.

It must be a big worry for the GB.

David

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are not stupid, after the generation change in 1995 it is obvious that the end may not come for a very long time yet, perhaps hundres of years, so there is no point in becoming a window cleaner for the sake of the WTS.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Japanese culture worships education. So maybe JW'ism merely takes a back seat to the God of Education in Japan.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

I'm no expert (mostly exposed to Italian-Canadian culture), but the Japanese have always struck me as a culture that highly valued knowledge and wisdom. Maybe that's partly how some of them were hooked by the WTS, with its claims of disseminating "accurate knowledge of God".

Soon enough though, a person who has learnt how to apply and interconnect what they've gathered/experienced, will see the incrongruities between WTS fantasy and the real world. Thats dangerous to the thought-constrained matrix in which the WTS tries to keep its members. All the power to the young (and old) who know better and truly value knowledge.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

When i was at bethel Japanese tourists would come and snap pictures. I remember thinking even then that only a few generations of them would last in "the truth." I have a feeling they will collectively wake up and the work there will drop to zero. (this might be some latent racism, but they just seemed too damned smart.)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Between those naughty Japanese and Richie Rich, the WTS is GOING DOWN!!!

lol

Sherry

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

This one is also not planning to go into the fieldservice anymore.....

http://media.putfile.com/05340818_window2

(no nudity, but maybe not for viewers too young)

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

For the longest time the Japanese were the pride and joy of the WTS. A pot load of zealous pioneering bunch they were. When the society wanted to point to a good example they say: "Look at the Japanese!"

Now it seems they have fallen into the pattern as the rest of the industrialized world when it comes to hours and meeting attendence.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    When the society wanted to point to a good example they say: "Look at the Japanese!"

Now it seems they have fallen into the pattern as the rest of the industrialized world when it comes to hours and meeting attendence.

The thrill of any drug wanes after awhile. Then you're doing it 'cause you have to, not because you want to. At that point, you start saying, "Maybe I should quit..."

Ya think there's some Watchtower gum or maybe a patch that could be developed? ;-)

Dave

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    Ya think there's some Watchtower gum or maybe a patch that could be developed? ;-)

Dave

You're so funny! How's the quitting smoking thing going? Man, you can liken everything to the situation that you're going through now! Hang in there!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit