REMEMBER THAT "FREELOADER PIONEER SISTER" I TOLD YOU ABOUT...? KINDA SAD.

by stillAwitness 20 Replies latest jw friends

• prophecor
    prophecor

SPEECHLESS

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

stillAwitness,

It may not have kicked her out. But if it did, it is because it is an unfeeling corporation that makes choices based on what it believes to be in its own best interests.

It is a rabid beast. It knows it has a short time.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• rebel8
    rebel8

{slaps self on head} When you talked about this woman b4 I thought you were talking about your biological sister. lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

There are many victims like her that tried to play it wholly devoted to the society hoping that jehovah will provide for them because they serve the interests of his kingdom. Sooner or later they will realise that the WTS and God's kingdom are two very different things. Serving one does not equate to serving the other.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

"Would they actually do this? Just kick someone out??? I mean her hubby died for God's sake!"

Yes, they would. Sometimes they give someone some starting out money depending on the situation but...yes they would do that, they would just kick someone out. Particularly, if that person is depressed or has some other issues and it would appear that this woman has some problems in this regard from what you are describing to me. This is what most abusive churches do.

Jeff S.

• Mary
    Mary
    Did the WTS give her permission or kick her out?
    I'm assuming they gave her the approval but I really am not sure. Would they actually do this? Just kick someone out??? I mean her hubby died for God's sake!

I can almost guarantee you that they kicked her out. Reading your post about what an emotionally dependent person she is, there's no way she would have left her comfort zone (Bethel) when her husband died. That would have been her safeguard. However, the powers that be down there don't give a shit about anyone's emotional needs. They probably just viewed her as a liability now and one that they could write-off. Kinda like a bad investment.

So this poor woman (while misguided), has lost her entire world in one fell swoop. She lost her husband, who she would have depended on financially, emotionally, and physically and she's lost her home of 30 years that she depended on spiritually. She probably can't figure out why "Jehovah" would leave her like this after all her years of faithful service to him. She's probably one step away from the looney-bin.

Ah yes, can you FEEL the love??

• kid-A
    kid-A

I feel bad for this woman, especially having lost her husband and now apparently on the verge of mental illness. Having said that, I always believed people in these situations must bear some of the responsibility for their predicament. The devotion to a cult requires "folie a deux", and even though the WTS is largely to blame for these sorts of scenarios, we are each, as individuals, captains of our destinies and should live our lives and plan our futures accordingly. I know many fanatic dubs that still had the foresight to have a back-up plan in case their "paradise" collapsed beneath them. Nevertheless, it makes me think of all the recent "bethel" lay-offs and how many thousands of similar cases we will be hearing about once the WTS boots them out of brooklyn.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I can almost guarantee you that they kicked her out. Reading your post about what an emotionally dependent person she is, there's no way she would have left her comfort zone (Bethel) when her husband died. That would have been her safeguard

Based on the responses posted on here, I didn't even think that she was actually kicked out of Bethel as they say. I figured after her husband's death she just chose to leave cause of the grief of being there and being reminded of him everyday????

How awful! It makes me so angry because she really is a nice lady! . So how do they do it? Bethel I mean. They send you a letter telling you, you have 20 minutes to pack up your things???What is there explanation for doing this to an individual? And how does a person not come to the conclusion on their own that something just aint right here?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    And how does a person not come to the conclusion on their own that something just aint right here?

stillA,

For her, that reality means betraying her recently dead husband's faith. The emotional torment would be unbearable. She should be on suicide watch. She needs counseling immediately.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Its that bad Auld?

Well, maybe her being "where the need is greater" will be good for her? She's due to leave later on this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit