Richie's Elders: Deaf? Dumb? Both?

by RichieRich 45 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Not a troll, Richie, just someone who doesn't like a sneak.

Oh, no!

We are talking about survival here - this is not your mother's tea party. The WTS makes up the rules as they go along and it seems that Richie is doing a terrific job of balancing his minority status, respect for his parents, coerced participation in JWism, while looking out for his own future. Yes, well said, Billygoat - he is a 17-year old kid caught in a cult. Whatever he has to do to stay sane - short of criminal - should be viewed in that light.

• heathen
    heathen
    After the meeting, people were all over themselves to encourage me to do well in school, and appreciating that I shared my "real" plans.

Do well in school , I thought the end was so near you would only die if you stayed in school . Schools are run by the evil beast of revelation . LMAO

Yah wish I were there to hear your comment but would only have been choking back the laughter anyway .

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

The power to belief / disbelief is overwhelming isn't it Richie? LOL

Good for you, keep up the fine fight for the faith of JoeHoover.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Then, looking desperate, he asked if I at least had some spiritual goals I wanted to share. I said "You want me to make something up?" He replied "as long as it sounds good".

Can't believe he told you to do that! Scumbags!

Richie, I'm with you man! That was one boring and sappy meeting last night! It was so cheesy how so many of the young ones in the hall were racking up brownie points and raise their hand every chance they got to comment about their "spiritual" goals.

There was this one chick who was like: "My goals are to serve where the need is greater! I don't care where Jehovah sends me-I just will say Here I am Send ME!" You should of heard the audience while I'm sitting there nearly about to choke on my gum!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

he is a 17-year old kid caught in a cult. Whatever he has to do to stay sane - short of criminal - should be viewed in that light.

Right on! We all have our reasons right? Wether being that were still minors, have family to think about or even something simple as that fact that you still live under your parents roof!

That's what I get for never saving money earlier.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    I think what Nina is trying to say is, take the high road.

The fact that there are murderers in the world, does not give you the right to murder.

Does the fact that the Watchtower lied to you, give you the right to mislead others in the congregation?

Sir 82 let me take your quote to adress NINA..thanks.

Nina, Your Richie has take the high road at every opportunity offeres with his local BOE. He can indeed be spiritual and attend college. I dont think he misleads anyone... his elders are just in "denial" about him and other kids in the area. Remember, they told him to "make something up and make it sound good".

If you read RR's history his BOE is really just TOO STUPID to figure out what he is doing to them. He had given thiem every chance to catch him and they dont get it.

The WT must be very desperate to hold on to the young...back in my day they would have sewed my ass shut for less. It's not compassion or mercy either... they (Elders) just dont get it.

Richie...you will be on the "A"list soon.... Even with the layoff I am certain they are making a special room for you there...........

~Hill

• codeblue
    codeblue

Most excellent Riche

Keep up the good work on your interviews!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Who Richie benefitted is all the youth who were listening and taking note. As someone else has said, if one of them chooses to go to college because of his testimony, he did a good thing.

Is that hurting the congregation?

How about the Watchtower Society which has firmly advised an ENTIRE GENERATION of youngsters to aspire no higher than technical college? How many lives have they interfered/hurt with this direction? How much is that hurting the congregation?

Besides, the elders seemed to be fine with Teflon Richie's comment.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Excellent, Richie. I agree, you hopefully will open the way now for some parents in the congregation to okay their kids ideas on college. My sister had a 75% paid tuition scholarship to any school in the state, had gotten accepted, and just needed my mom's signature on some simple form for dorm room or finances or something. My mom refused to sign unless sister told her "the real reason she's going to college and to explain how it's going to help her pioneeer." Basically, sis couldn't take the pressure, said forget it, and is now a file clerk seven years later.

If some kid in the congo had said a comment like yours, I'm sure it would have cued my sister in on some excuse to use, and also softened my mom a bit. Of course you're doing the right thing.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Nina,

Is it sneaky for RR to ASK the brother if he wants something made up? No. It is sneaky of the brother to AGREE.

It is not sneaky of RR to do EXACTLY what the brother knew ahead of time and announced that he was about to do.

It is sneaky to pretend to be a faithful JW and ignore the GB about the Internet. Not that I mind you being sneaky, I encourage it. It means you are distancing yourself from strict adherence to their direction and I think that is a very healthy thing for you to do.

I think it is very encouraging to see people like you starting to think for yourself and act on those thoughts. Here is RR, a young man who admits that on the DAY of his baptism he wrote down his plan to DA on his 18th birthday, and you still write to him about spiritual things. That is commendable, whether or not you are writing things we personally care to read. Thank you for your heartening presence here.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit