Richie's Elders: Deaf? Dumb? Both?

by RichieRich 45 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    a member of the "Richie Taskforce"

Poor guy!

Dude, if you help even one little 15-year-old robot manage to claw his way into college with your comment, you've done more good than I ever will. You da man.

Lemme know when you're 21, I'll get you a beer, complete with widget!

Dave

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Excellent, as ever

And, IMO, your referent elder does have a sense of humour.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    In that case may you also get all that you have coming to you.

Shouldn't you be reading the bible?

*cough:troll:cough*

what?

• Nina
    Nina
    In that case may you also get all that you have coming to you.

Shouldn't you be reading the bible?

*cough:troll:cough*

what?

Not a troll, Richie, just someone who doesn't like a sneak.

Nina

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Not a troll, Richie, just someone who doesn't like a sneak.

Am I anymore sneaky than the WTBTS joining the UN?

How about the people who "update" publications in mid-production, then get pissed when someone calls them on it?

• wednesday
    wednesday

Nina,

I don't like sneaks either, but jws are the prime examples of sneaks. also, Ritchie is being forced to do what he is doing b/c of his age and, .it really is a parents responsibility to help their child get prepared to live in this world. Today that means college. He's being honest as he can with them and that is good.

dannyhazzard,

I was a true believer too. I understand.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Nina,

He's a 17 year old kid caught in a cult. He has no control over where he came from and how he's being treated. Do you expect him to tow the party line at his age, when it's so obviously wrong? What do you expect him to do to stay sane? Not being a smart@$$, but truly curious about your opinion.

Andi

• sir82
    sir82

Richie,

I think what Nina is trying to say is, take the high road.

The fact that there are murderers in the world, does not give you the right to murder.

Does the fact that the Watchtower lied to you, give you the right to mislead others in the congregation?

I'm not trying to insert myself into the dispute, I just don't know if you got her point.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Does the fact that the Watchtower lied to you, give you the right to mislead others in the congregation?

Although I understand this logic, in this situation, it's not appropriate. We're talking about people that have rules that apply to everyone but themselves. It's one of those situations where you must fight fire with fire in order to preserve yourself.

Do I believe that war is the best answer in every situation? Of course not. But when it comes to terrorists, it's the only way to eradicate the behavior. Reasoning and discussion is not an option. And I believe with every ounce of my being that the bOrg is full of religious terrorists. You do what you need to do to preserve yourself, not them.

Just my two cents...

• avishai
    avishai
    Do I believe that war is the best answer in every situation? Of course not. But when it comes to terrorists, it's the only way to eradicate the behavior. Reasoning and discussion is not an option. And I believe with every ounce of my being that the bOrg is full of religious terrorists. You do what you need to do to preserve yourself, not them.

Just my two cents...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit