Do we "graduate" from the boards?

by wanderlustguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Class of 2005 for me maybe? I remember so many names fondly, and not the regular names most people name off every day like George or Robert, etc, but strange sounding ones:

Skully, Puternut, Seven006, TEH, Richie Rich, BigDog, Dragonlady, Jenniebeans, Valis, Prophecor, Little Toe, James Thomas, Sassy, defd, Slipnslidemaster, AlanF, Brenda Clouter (ok, that one’s normal), HadEnuff, Buttlight, Schne Belly, StickyPantz, P2K, Incence and Peppermints, whyamihere, devinsmom, harleyquinn, es, Simon, eyegirl, joannadandy,…I could go on all night, but the point is these people were in what I think I will call my school of real life graduating class. I hope that’s not a bad way to put it because I definitely respect all these people as well as the others I did not name but have been honored to know.

These folks were just like me in a lot of ways, when I found them I found freedom, even though I didn’t know it at the time. Over the past year of the existence of the username of Wanderlustguy you have all been privy to my life, discoveries about both the truth and myself, my depressions, my fits of anger, and my happiness. I still remember when ithinkisee’s wife came over, man that was incredible! I’m looking forward to meeting those two one day soon.

I don’t say much these days, but I promise I still look at the boards 10 times per day, yes I look at more than one because there are good people scattered all over for different reasons. But I find I just don’t have much to say anymore. I wish I could just walk away from the boards, but it’s like trying to leave an old friend that you’ve come to care for very much, very hard even if you must do it for your own good.

Anyway, you guys were there for me through a tough year, and I really appreciate it. Maybe some think it’s no big deal to log on and say something or start a fluff thread, but I’m telling you, I wouldn’t be as far along as I feel I am now without it. I know I said something like this a few weeks ago, but since it’s now almost the exact hour I created WLG, I find myself reflecting.

Will I ever be able to leave the discussion boards behind me? I don’t know, maybe I have but I just like visiting with old “high school” buddies every now and again, and seeing if you guys are still here.

Just as you always were…you always are.

Thank you.

WLG

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Skully, Puternut, Seven006, TEH, Richie Rich , BigDog, Dragonlady, Jenniebeans, Valis, Prophecor, Little Toe, James Thomas, Sassy, defd, Slipnslidemaster, AlanF, Brenda Clouter (ok, that one’s normal), HadEnuff, Buttlight, Schne Belly, StickyPantz, P2K, Incence and Peppermints, whyamihere, devinsmom, harleyquinn, es, Simon, eyegirl, joannadandy,…I could go on all night, but the point is these people were in what I think I will call my school of real life graduating class. I hope that’s not a bad way to put it because I definitely respect all these people as well as the others I did not name but have been honored to know.

I'm honored. And I reciporicate your feelings. You just came to read, share a thought, and then, out of nowhere, you're forming relationships, bonds unions. Going through peaks and valleys of emotion, because you WANT to. You want to share with that person.

Everybody here is awesome. Hands down.

• Puternut
    Puternut

Wanderlustguy,

You never graduate from the board. It's like the old theocratic school.

I miss the old crew also, but I don't visit here too often. There are many that have left the board, I do still visit the board at times but there seems to be a 'turnover' every so many years. Glad you remembered me, I hope all is well with you these days.

Aloha,

Puternut

• prophecor
    prophecor

and we've gotten so much back from you, you could never truly understand. I just told someone here tonight, " If it wasn't for people like you all here, I would truly go craxy "

Whatever your reasons for going or not wanting to go, Donnie, I respect them and were it upto me, I'd prefer it if you didn't feel you needed to leave. You'll leave a space open where there once was a draft. You bring so much to the community. I too didn't have a lot to say in the space of the last 6 months and then BAMMM !!! Suddenly from out of nowhere, I can't keep my mouth shut.

I found it's less about how many post you make, or threads you start. I'm here because I have incredible affection for all of you. Even those of you who iritate and get under my skin to the NTH degree. I feel like I've now earned my BA and am now going for my Masters. It's all good though. I know when the moments arise and I can't seem to get beyond the drudgery of the moments of my regular world, there's always someone here who throughly understands why I am the way I am.

In other words, for me, it's not just a social club, it's actually therapy. No one from the outside could better help me to get thru the scrapes of having been JW than those of you here. It's been wonderful and quite honestly, I look at the ones with 20,000 post, etal, and I ask myself, what can there possibly be to say in that much time? And then I realise, maybe they're here for something greater than themselves alone as well. I do it for me, but I also hope that maybe somewhere thru out the moments of my being here, that somebody else might get it too.

Maybe one of my long lost relatives who's reading this, or someone who used to attend my Kingdom Hall might come from behind the iron curtain and say that they too see the light. But it's great to have you come in. No one will ever be able to wear JC with his middle finger up for the whole world to see as well as you. When you do find rhyme and reason to leave us entirely, you will truly be missed.

Better than brotherly love to you, Don

and thanks.

Art

• greendawn
    greendawn

Thanks to the internet technology, boards like this have helped a lot of individuals to find deliverence from the oppressive power of the WTS. It was put to a great use.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

We need to get together soon.

-ithinkisee

• freedomlover
    freedomlover
    I still remember when ithinkisee’s wife came over, man that was incredible! I’m looking forward to meeting those two one day soon.

me too. can't wait to meet you in person. your posts have helped me more than you know.....

I don’t say much these days, but I promise I still look at the boards 10 times per day

same here. read lots, but don't feel like I have too much to say.....

I wouldn’t be as far along as I feel I am now without it.

ditto that. this board has been priceless in helping me.

freedomlover

• JH
    JH
    You never graduate from the board. It's like the old theocratic school

Hotel California

You can check out any time you like
    But you can never leave

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

WLG,

Its like the Hotel California, you can check out, but you can never leave.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey wanderlust,

it kind of reminds me of that old song, hotel california. remember that? something about being able to check out, but never being able to leave?

he he.....

ts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit