Do we "graduate" from the boards?

by wanderlustguy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Well don't I just look like a dumbass, Tetra, thanks for pointing out how I missed JH's post. Well I just feel like freaking blow hole.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LOL! sorry guy. i just couldn't help myself. plus, i know you're good for it.

how you been man? long time no talk.

josh

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

oh, and WLG, seriously. you'll always be a JWDer. you never graduate until simon kicks you off for good. lol.

ts

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do we "graduate" from the boards? I hope so!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Wanderlust,

My husband and I were honored to meet you over the past year…..we hope there are many more chances in the future to get together.

You were one of the first “apostates” we had an encounter with from this board. It was our first step into the real “world”. We were just on our journey out of the org at the time, and you helped tremendously. Meeting a friendly, well grounded individual such as yourself, encouraged us and helped us get to where we are at today. Thank you!

I wish I could just walk away from the boards, but it’s like trying to leave an old friend that you’ve come to care for very much, very hard even if you must do it for your own good.

I hope you never decide to leave; you bring so much to JWD. Your posts and comments are very insightful.

• seven006
    seven006

Donnie,

You’re welcome. It’s been a pleasure working with you.

Dave

• Brigid
    Brigid

Do you ever graduate? Hmmm....

I first started coming around here back in 2002. My incarnation then was Bridgette. I finally reached a point that I did not need it. My path was taking me in many different directions: Got remarried to a wonderful man (no ties to the witnesses, only he had a few who'd worked for him in past and knew how crazy and dysfunctional they were---NO, they do not make better employees as the society would have them believe). I moved on professionally, got educated, got into philosophy ala Joseph Campbell....etc. I got busy with life and did not need this.

Then I came back for more (couldn't figure out how to log onto my old account). My brother has gone back to the borg and I miss him...a lot. When we speak now (only occasionally) he is veiled...very veiled. We're no longer making human to human connection which is sad because we were always very very close. He had the funniest sense of humor, too. That's all gone. He never jokes around anymore. We had a constant SNL, Triumph the dog skit going all the time w/each other. I miss him so very much. You see, you guys are the only ones who understand what I am going through. We're a unique bunch, we ex-jw's. It's our own little Scar Clan.

So, I will no doubt get busy again, but I will always return to you, my brothers and sisters in pain, laughter and life. Who else would understand? Also, we need to be here to welcome those who are wandering out of the organization, bruised, broken, almost snuffed out, believing all the lies that those who are out are crazy, cracked out, hedonistic lost souls.

We have to be here to show that there is life (and in abundance) after the Borganization.

Love,

~Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit