OMG I just saw a BlueJay outside my window.

by Lady Lee 24 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I live in SW Michigan. According to my coworker, the hunters here predicted an early winter AND an early spring. They can tell by the acorns or something like that. Well sir, I believe they just may be right afterall.

I am not sure I've ever seen a Blue Jay in the wild. I do see Cardinals and Robins all the time though.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

Both Bluejays and squirrels love peanuts, if you can nail a squirrel feeder onto a tree trunk, they are so entertaining to watch! They squabble over the nuts but will expect them every day!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

jg

I'm pulling your leg. Well actually I got out of one heck of beating once when I was a kid by climbing up a tree. But don't worry I'm not up to tree climbing these days. And to tell you the truth there is no way I could get to these trees in my wheelchair. Too much snow on the ground

squirrels!!! - don't get me started. They steal everything they can get to.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

You are right about squirrels, Lady Lee! They're so cute to watch and become almost tame. Well, I thought they were so cute till my husband came in from the shed Sunday and told me they had got in and tore the stuffing out of my patio chair cushions to line their nests, lol!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Those are going to be some cosy warm squirrels this winter.

I used to put peanuts out on the ledge of my house in Montreal. The squirrels would come up the fense and onto the ledge and sit there eating the nuts while my 2 cats went nuts watching them. Once the squirrels realized the cats couldn't get to them they would just sit there stuffing their cheeks with the nuts while the poor cats trembled with excitement

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit