What weird things have you read in the bible?

by stillAwitness 59 Replies latest jw friends

• scout575
    scout575

I mustbreakaway- that Scripture you paraphrased is from Zechariah 13:6. Its applied by the WTS to the discipline that JWs inflict on apostates. Watch out, your "intense lovers" are after you!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks so much for that link Tetra....I copied all of it!

They are a must read!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/member/5589/topics/4.ashx

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    when I literally threw down my Bible in disgust at Lot's incest episode.

Wait a second! I hear talks about incest being in the Bible all the time from on here but I thought ya'll were just...well..a bit cuckoo.

Which scriptures talk of this??? Do tell! I wanna see how the Insight Book explains them!

I remember reading some weird one about Jacob or somebody else getting one of his sons to...well....how can I say this? Self pleasure him???? Or maybe I was just reading it wrong.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    sphere: yeah things were different back then, weren't they suppose to be closer to perfection then? Why did they act like barbarians?

Good point! keep em coming guys! This is the perfect subject to debate with my mom without her hopefully getting all fearful of me exuding "independant thinking" again and wanting to call an elder.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    Confession: What about this little 'gem' from 1 Corinthians 14:35: "If they will learn any thing let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in church." Good thing that husbands know far more about the Bible than their wives, that way they're able to answer their ignorant wives if they ever have a Bible question.

Hmm..I'm guessing the writer of that one was...oh I dunno this is just a wild guess here... PAUL!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I can only add another vote for runningman's Atheist's book of Bible Stories. How anybody can read that and still put faith in "God's Word" is beyond me.

Dave

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Oroborus 21:

By the way your name probably means something too, does it fit you?

Actually, I have a very distinct name. Have only meant 2 people my whole life who have it and yes, the meaning fits me but because of my own paranoia I won't say.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

slugga:

So David rose and he and his men went and struck down among the Phi·lis´tines two hundred men, and David came bringing their foreskins and giving them in full number to the king, to form a marriage alliance with the king

Foreskin??? Ok I definetly want to know what the Insight book will say about that one!

• onesong
    onesong

Thanks Tetrapod, that was great work. How can anyone honestly argue with that?

Here's one from Paul that I haven't seen the Society comment on:

2 Cor.12:2 "I know a man in union with Christ who, fourteen years ago-whether in the body I do not know, or out of the body I do not know; God knows-was caught away as such to the third heaven."

• Legolas
    Legolas
    when I literally threw down my Bible in disgust at Lot's incest episode.

Wait a second! I hear talks about incest being in the Bible all the time from on here but I thought ya'll were just...well..a bit cuckoo.

Which scriptures talk of this??? Do tell! I wanna see how the Insight Book explains them!

I remember reading some weird one about Jacob or somebody else getting one of his sons to...well....how can I say this? Self pleasure him???? Or maybe I was just reading it wrong.

Genesis19:30-32

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit