HOW MANY OF YOU ARE AFRAID OF BEING ON THIS SITE?

by juni 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

No, I am not afraid. However, I do understand the concept and why others are.

But the bOrg has no hold on me, anymore. Once that was solidified then all their titles (apostate) and threats (DA, DF) have very little if any effect on me. All of that is thier issue not mine. It's a part of their reality ... not mine. Once I truly felt that then most all fear associated with JW's way of thinking/doing things melted. Now I feel .... 'the only thing to fear is fear itself.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Not any longer. I know there are all kinds of eyes watching. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if some who knew me from a previous life recognised me. The truth about the truth is a movement that I would think even some of US don't recognise it's true power. The eyes are everywhere, as is technology. Look at how long it takes some folks to come out from behind the "Iron Curtain", many are in hiding and lurking for years, think your elders and MS aren't looking? Better think again.

• JH
    JH

Hey Hermann, it's me John

*waving hello*

• delilah
    delilah
    The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.....no. I'm not afraid....
  • juni
    juni

After reading your posts I have a more complete understanding of this fear. For those of you who have relatives in the org., or those still not out completely, or those who have mates in the org. I don't have anyone else in the org.

But like someone said, what are they going to do about you as they'd get the n th degree for being on this site. Juni

• Genesis
    Genesis

The only thing i am afraid with this site is that the moderator DF me lol...

Genesis

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I also have too much too loose, I'm not afriad of being here, its great, but I'm afriad of being caught. Wife is a JW, kids are still in, all family and friends are JW's, its a complete life change if I leave and thats what the Watchtower wants, they call it Jehovahs' spirit that keeps the people in but its not, its the loving arrangment the call Disfellowshipping., its more like a gun against our heads, if we leave they pull the trigger.

Besides, I find it interesting still being on the inside but knowing the real truth, knowing why so many are stressed and unhappy, how they blame all there depressions on this system but its the Watchtower way of life that does it, looking at an elder straight in the eyes and having no fear. Its almost fun haha.

Hi Ho Silver away......

• blondie
    blondie

I'm not afraid to post on this site. If I was I wouldn't have over 16,000 posts. But I don't feel the need to use my "real" name. I post on 10 other boards that are not ex-JW and I don't use my "real" name their either.

Blondie

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

a little bit..

I get to discuss things here that you can't generally do with LDS members (i.e. you get the 'are you rebelling' look)but I know several of my LDS friend and family will have looked on here to see what I've said and I feel a bit naked - I like a bit of anonimity and the freedom that in itself gives.

I get the willies a little when I can't give a decent answer to difficult theological questions(though I do play by some 'rules' that hamstring me a bit in my responses) - I'm not used to giving up on arguements nor on being unable to provide materialistic answers to toughies. Critiquing one's faith is a tightrope walk for the believer.

I'm afraid that maybe something I say on here will influence someone negatively in whatever or whichever way - there are more power in words than I always remember (for an example, see how I've sparked some less pleasant posts) - I um and ahh over a lot of my posts and yet I still goof up. I don't always feel comfortable with what I say.

I'm not a naturally sociable person and it feels a little scary to talk about things that are important to me in a very public environment - especially one in which its easy to find hostility or to be hostile.

The final thing that makes me afraid is the barely subconscious desire to feel accepted by this group on some level and the anxiety that one feels in just being here - especially as a slightly cheeky outsider.

• Rooster
    Rooster

"‘Woe to him who is multiplying what is not his own—O how long!—and who is making debt heavy against himself! 7 Will not those claiming interest of you rise up suddenly, and those wake up who are violently shaking you, and you certainly become to them something to pillage? 8 Because you yourself despoiled many nations, all the remaining ones of [the] peoples will despoil you, because of the shedding of blood of mankind and the violence to [the] earth, [the] town and all those dwelling in it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit