A Kind Word

by arrowstar 35 Replies latest jw friends

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Great balls of fire, I get so angry at myself when I get like I am today. I realize that everyone at some time or another gets overwhelmed. It happens and don't tell me it doesn't. It's how we deal with that situation that is the reason for this thread. This isn't a "who loves Arrow" thread. This is more of an "Arrow just needs to get this out of her system and go on about her day" thread.

oh hell..I don't know what kind of thread this is at this point. All I know, is that I'm reading the board and all the sadness from the mother issues and family issues has just gotten to me today. As I'm typing this, I've got tears streaming down my face which is not a good thing since I sit at a front desk.

For the love of Athena, someone make this stop.

Lisa of the gone to find a roll of paper towel in the kitchen so she can clean up class

• prophecor
  • luna2
    luna2

It does get overwhelming sometimes. There are days when I just have to walk away from the computer because I don't have words. ...and then there are the days colored by hormone fun when just about anything can set me off. LOL

Hope you are able to regain your equalibrium soon. (((Lisa)))

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Thank you, dear one.

I now remember the original intent of this thread. It was suppose to be a place where we could leave kind words and happy thoughts to those we knew might be going through some kind of hardship or troubles. Almost like a little mailbox full of happy mail for those that could use it. A central location.

and here I've gone and screwed that up royally.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good luck! When I get a touch of kindness on this board, the wellspring flows, and doesn't stop. Being on front desk AND having a tears moment is awful.

Maybe if we tell a bunch of goofy jokes?

Old Dog Comes By For A Nap

One afternoon, a woman was in her back yard hanging the laundry when an old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. The woman could tell from the dog's collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. But when she walked into the house, the dog followed her, sauntered down the hall and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and the woman let him out.

The next day the dog was back. He resumed his position in the hallway and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, the woman pinned a note to his collar: "Every afternoon, your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:

"We have ten children. He's trying to catch up on his sleep."

http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/humor/momjk.htm

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

luna2

Hope you are able to regain your equalibrium soon.

that's it exactly. equalibrium. good word. ((luna)) thank you dear

jgnat - thanks for the laugh. That helps.

Lisa

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

God cares. I beleive that is kindness.

Don't you think?

Blessedstar

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

((((((((((Arrowstar)))))))))))

Sometimes it can get overwhelming. But there is hope here too in the posts. And most of all there is freedom at last. So often when posters come in here spouting the party line or apologizing, they stay to read those heartbreaking posts of wrongs commited by their organization and of personal tragedies like child abuse abetted by their organization, and doctrinal things that are shocking regarding coverups and changes, and their eyes are finally opened to what they are really involved in. That brings them to the realization that they can and must leave it.

And then one day those tears turn to tears of joy as one more person makes the escape.

Take care, blessed be!

Sherry

• juni
    juni

Heh Lisa!

Consider the ages of the ladies that are answering you. We are all going into, or in, or through w/menopause. You do get very emotional and a little crazy at this time in your life. Try to laugh at yourself. It helps. Forgetfulness is my biggest thing. Before I'd get all pissed off; now I try to laugh it off. If I had a drink in my hand I'd make a toast to all of us "TO BETTER DAYS AHEAD and in the meantime TOWANDA!!"

You should watch Fried Green Tomatoes. Kathy Bates in it dealing w/menopause and Jessica Tandy. Wonderful story. Juni~~~~~~~~~

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Sherry - thank you for finding that elusive silver lining. Blessed be, sweet woman.

Blessedstar - I'm sure your God does care. But, maybe...just maybe...people would rather hear that the other people on the planet have a kind word to say to one another. Sort of personalization God's message of love through human contact. Those are just my thoughts.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit