an infuriating email forward re. atheism..

by GetBusyLiving 29 Replies latest jw friends

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I just got this forward from some creationist. It pissed me off so much I want to curl up and die. I feel so alone.

SOMEBODY'S RAISING THEIR KID RIGHT! One Nation, "Under God".

One day a 6 year old girl was sitting in a classroom. The teacher was

going to explain evolution to the children. The teacher asked a little

boy: Tommy do you see the tree outside?

TOMMY: Yes.

TEACHER: Tommy, do you see the grass outside?

TEACHER: Go outside and look up and see if you can see the sky.

TOMMY: Okay. (He returned a few minutes later) Yes, I saw the sky.

TEACHER: Did you see God up there?

TOMMY: No.

TEACHER: That's my point. We can't see God because he isn't there.

Possibly he just doesn't exist.

A little girl spoke up and wanted to ask the boy some questions.

The teacher agreed and the little girl asked the boy: Tommy, do you

see the tree outside?

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy do you see the grass outside?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Did you see the sky?

TOMMY: Yessssss!

LITTLE GIRL: Tommy, do you see the teacher?

TOMMY: Yes

LITTLE GIRL: Do you see her brain?

TOMMY: No

LITTLE GIRL: Then according to what we were taught today in school,

she possibly may not even have one!

FOR WE WALK BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT" II CORINTHIANS 5:7

Don't forget to pass this on! I love this one. Everyone should

send this to everyone they know, especially today with prayer

restricted in schools.

Forward if you believe in GOD!!!!

GBL (of the "someone shoot me now and put me out of my misery" class)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Not sure I understand why it upset you so much. It is perhaps the most idiotic piece of religious shite I have ever read outside a JW book and to me, it just proves what a complete pack of dim-witted imbeciles the creationists are....

I say keep it coming, the creationists are only shooting themselves in the foot by disseminating this mindless tripe.

• Tez
    Tez

Sorry gbl, being a bit dim, what was it that pissed you off, the teachers attitude? or the childs?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

You can't argue with reasoning like that! I've never thought to use the "you can't see god so he must not exist" argument, that's really profound.

Come to think of it, I can't remember hearing ANY atheist use that argument. Maybe this teacher is a new breed of idiot-atheist?

Forward if you believe in GOD!!!!

Since you "forwarded" the email, can we assume you believe in God? ;-)

Dave

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

GBL: Who sent it to you??

• Gopher
    Gopher

The people who create these stories are so smug. These type of religionists imply ONLY THEY have truth and everyone else is inferior (those who don't believe them possibly don't have brains).

These people are preaching to each other, reassuring each other of their own "absolute" truths. Their reasoning is not logical -- hopefully no elaboration is needed.

And "prayer in schools" -- to whom? To the Christian God? America is growing more culturally and therefore religiously diverse each year. It sounds like some of this Christian majority want to ram their views down everyone else's throats. It's not only JW's that display that attitude.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hey kid-a, it pissed me off because this email got forwarded to so many people that I know have no clue about what evolution is. They read this little email with their morning coffee, feel good about themselves for being on the RIGHT side in believing in the literal Bible story of God, then go about their day wondering how anyone could be so stupid as to believe in evolution (ie. being an atheist - lol). Its just annoying.

GBL

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Check out snopes.com under "dropped chalk myths." These stories are all written the same and reflect the mentality of a six year old girl. If it was all really so simple then no one would argue it. I would ask suzie if she's see's all the babies god killed.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Tez: None of the characters in the email upset me, just that this "logic" was spewed out (with no provided medium for debate) in hopes of getting God people pissed off that prayer is restricted in schools. Nausea setting in now..

Lonely: Some friend of mine at work. Come to think of it, she might be an atheist trying to get a rise out of me.. ?

AA: Actually I've probably just advertised this email more than the person who forwarded it. Good point - LOL

GBL

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Actually I've probably just advertised this email more than the person who forwarded it.

That's right!!! And thanks to this thread I'm going to start going to church as soon as I find one that is sufficiently fundamentalist in its views!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit