Hi Im new and want to thank you all

by montana96 50 Replies latest jw friends

• montana96
    montana96

Hi all on this thread. I am very new here quite excited to finally make the move and register. I have a very long story but i would like to leave that for another time perhaps. Myself and my husband could only have left the organization with your help!

I had been secretly reading this site for the last 2 years and it gave us the courage to take the step and leave behind everything we have ever known and boy has it been a long, hard but interesting journey!

Our eyes are well and truly open now and i feel a connection with you all as you understand the pain and finally the feeling of freedom( many of our new friends cant comprehend what we go through so you have been our comfort).

So just saying HI from sunny Australia and looking forward to your company for a long time!!

regards Mercedes

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

Welcome to the board!
    Looking forward to hearing your story!

MonkeyPrincess

• Clam
    Clam

G'day Mercedes and welcome to the board.

I'm very pleased for you and your husband, but please get round to telling your story. You may help convince others who lurk and read the posts that it's time they got their life back, and sooner rather than later.

Chris

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Montana, nice to hear that the posts on this forum built up your determanation to the point where you could leave behind that destructive cult.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Hi and congratulations on getting out!

I found that there are various stages of de-programming from the mind control. Take your time in going through them. For me, it has become easier with time. I've been out for about four years, but had doubts way before then. Welcome to freedom of thought and to the forum!

YC

• montana96
    montana96

Thankyou Chris

I feel that definately reading all the experiences on here has helped us in our decision to leave. I started having doubts years earlier when my husband and father-in-law were in a terrible car accident. Of course my father-in-law couldnt have blood and died 12 days later after his body poisoned itself and his organs failed. A terrible death to watch and we were all so proud he died faithful, but it left me with many questions as to how a God could allow someone to die like that because of the blood issue?

Any way threw ourselves further into the truth,pioneering,hubby a MS, had 3 girls but our beautiful middle child died not long after birth. So we have had plenty of hard times but many happy times too.

Then we came across a very old book, cant recall name, but I was shocked to learn that we believed the end had started in1874 and many many other things I had no idea about.I then started to research th Internet to see what else I could find out! WELL! I came across this site as so began our journey in discovery. I was shocked, hurt, angry, so many emotions and what we were finding out and we thouroughly checked everything we read out!

My mistake came when I wrote a letter to Bethel Australia. My husband at this time had stepped down as we were very discouraged. Instead o fgetting answers to my questions I had 2 elders at our door wanting a discussion. They also didnt give us any answers but told us to beware of apostates! One day we just woke up on a Sunday Morning and said we cant do this anymore after months and months of research we felt we were living a lie. After saying that if we had of know how difficult and traumatic our exit was going to be, we may not have done it. But that is for another time.

Thankyou all for listening Mercedes xx

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome Montana96 / Mercedes ....and Mr Montana..

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

We are glad that you and your husband finally decided to say hi!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome to Mercedes and Hubby!!!!!

It's great having you here and we all admire your courage. Congratulations!!

We look forward to reading your exit story. I guess it's painful, but we're used to that having been through much of it ourselves. You are now amongst TRUE friends.

Ian

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

welcome to the board Mercedes and family!

I wish you all the best as you start over, just like many of us. I am so sorry for your losses, father-in-law, and your daughter. I am so glad this place has helped you. Has helped me also. Can't wait to hear your whole story.

freedomlover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit