A real Russell conspir? Not Illuminati bull corn.

by IP_SEC 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I've got a little fuzz growing right now, and it got me to thinking about the WTS inane animosity toward beards. Abram, Noah, and Moses had beards... within a reasonable doubt. Russell had a bea... holy crap, Russell had a beard.

The war on whiskers went so far as to shave Jesus for a time.

Was this scrimmage against man face an attempt by Rutherford and Co to remove the influence of Russell?

I dont know... Just asking, perhaps this came later during the Knorr years.

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

Yeah.....illuminati talk is for bull corn heads.....whats with the beards! Beardism is at the heart of the Watchtower cult.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

(removed because that is so below me) Sorry Rig Boy

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That is so funny. Not that I have anything against beards, other than that they tickle... Hey, how about a pic when that fuzzy little rebellion of yours grows in? J

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sure, If'n I let it get that fer.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That'd be cool.

Say, do you remember when the publications drew Adam with a crew cut? Too silly...

Jean

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes, that is exactly the origin of the JW no-beard-unwritten-doctrine.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

The clean-shaven look continued through the 18th century. But then, by the mid-to-late 19th century, the pendulum began to swing the other way. Hence, photographs of C. T. Russell, the first president of the Watch Tower Society, and fellow Christian W. E. Van Amburgh show both men wearing stylish, well-trimmed beards that were dignified and appropriate for their time. In the early part of the 20th century, however, shaving enjoyed a resurgence of popularity that has endured in most countries to our day. --g00 1/22 22-24

alt

Yes, I know...the key words were "appropriate for their time"not "stylish, well-trimmed."

Looking forward to more on this conspiracy. LOL

~Merry

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Sure, If'n I let it get that fer.

You promise?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

lol @ Arrow...

This site has not had a good old fashioned flirty thread in forever... I think it's overdue!

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit