finding new friends and associates.

by darth frosty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yep, I dig clubs, the gym, my neighbours, work, my course, and my volunteering buddies.

On being disfellowshipped I culled my 'contacts list' within a day (found it all a bit upsetting and just went for broke). I retained only non-witnesses and those I knew I could still contact. I was surprised to find my contact count drop from 300 people I barely knew to 90 I knew I could count on. It has climbed to 200 in less than a year, just buddies and new people in my life. It wasn't as hard ad I'd thought.

• greendawn
    greendawn

You are righr DF joining groups and clubs that are interested in a subject that you also enjoy is a good way to meet people. In the world there are all sorts of people and you just choose the ones that you find likeable. After all we only need to have a small circle of close friends.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    A good apostofest can help in making new friends. I haven't attended too many, but it is great fun to get a group together and have some drinks, share experiences and if you can all agree on a great restaurant all the better.

Absolutely! Wifey and I did just that this past weekend in Chicago. It was great. Our first.

You are in Michigan according to your post. We had a Michgander in our group Sunday - Jourles. Too bad we didn't get you in on it!

Wifey and I are in Indiana - we are in the early stages of thinking about a summer fest in our area.

PM me if u like.

We made 6 new friends, had a drink or two, and hope to continue these friendships for a long time to come.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit