finding new friends and associates.

by darth frosty 12 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

When you leave your basically out on an island and left in a lurch. I thought I would drop this post about how to find new and perhaps truer friends than you had before. As a witness you had a crew you ran with and did things with. now you must replace them and you think I dont want to make new friends. I liken this to the episode of seinfield where this guy tried to join into jerry's crew and jerry was like I have three friends i'm not taking any more applications. think about what you use to do with 'the friend's' and find new ones. Go to museums join groups and clubs. If you like to play cards, say 'bridge' join a bridge club and start taking applications again for new friends. find a hobby something unique that interest you and talk and interact with others who share that interest.

• Quentin
    Quentin

No luck huh?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Wow. Total white out on the friends and associates. [assumes faux artsy accent] Note the powerful use of emptiness to convey the absence of friends...

Or, maybe you just didn't get the whole post in there...

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

*steps through the open portal to be engulfed with total whiteness and silence*

*then a voice, as soft as a cloud, says, "You are your own best friend...and your own worst enemy."*

*and I think to myself, "Oh no...I really am scr-wed."*

~Merry (trying to cooly overlook AuldSoul's delightful wit and not let on that she is secretly ROFLHAO)

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

A good apostofest can help in making new friends. I haven't attended too many, but it is great fun to get a group together and have some drinks, share experiences and if you can all agree on a great restaurant all the better.

YC

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

sorry about this post after typing the title I hit enter instead of tab to finish and this blank post came up. I actually posted what I had to say under the same title but with words. I tried to delete this but it wouldn't let me.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I like your ideas, darth.

~Merry

• delilah
    delilah
    Hi there Darth....welcome. We have made so many wonderful friends, since leaving the borg...we began with our neighbours, and widened out from there. We attend every school function, for our kids, and have met some neat people there. The boys play football, and we've met other cool parents there....it's not so scarry when you begin to realise, that people "outside" the congregation are just regular, normal people....not the "worldly" demon-possessed folks, that the WTBTS teaches. Best of wishes to you....
  • Genesis
    Genesis

I live the same thing than you, I just quit the JW and lost all my friend. I had to move cause my roomate was a pionneer and wanted to live with a brother... Now I have only my cousin and my boss as friends, but I plan to build a social circle gradually (easier said than done). May God destroy the Witchtower, Genesis

• Brigid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit