Why do Watchtower Publications not have an ISBN number?

by truthseeker 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam
    His beef was that they don't or didn't use recycled paper.

Legolas that's interesting. It's of such crap quality I thought it was recycled. One more black mark against them, to go with the thousands of others.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

Sad Emo wrote:

Plus, in the bigger scale of things, they don't have very many titles so it's probably not worth them getting registered as an 'official' publisher.

The Watchtower is an official publisher. That is their business. They are a book publishing company and their books sell millions, much more than any other publishing company in the world.

(I don't know how to change the font color to black! Sorry.)

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

they don't have very many titles

Sad Emo (I love that name and your Avatar!) are you kidding me? The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society has been printing books and magazines for over 100 years. They have hundreds of titles!

Ecclesiastes 12:12 (New International Version)

12 Be warned, my son, of anything in addition to them.
    Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.

(I can write in black again!)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Gary1914

Sorry, just a bad choice of wording on my part - I put 'official' in inverted commas to differentiate between the WTS and mainstream publishers (who sell books from normal retail outlets!).

Even hundreds of titles isn't that many when compared to the giants of the publishing world - and many of the titles would have been published before the era of ISBN's anyway, but having said this, I notice that Narkissos has found a title with an ISBN so maybe it is just that they are keeping out of the worldly system as DannyBloem suggested, but perhaps ISBN's are a legal requirement in certain countries.

I'm getting worried about this thread now - first you can't turn off the red - I just had trouble turning off the bold type!

• blondie
    blondie

The English WT also has a ISSN-0043-1087 listed on the 12/15/2005 issue.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

ISO? That's a UN organisation, silly! WBTS doesn't have anything to do with the wild beast! Oh hang on...

• rebel8
    rebel8

I believe many of the recent publications are copyrighted and are on file in the Library of Congress, which (I think) means you can view by visiting the LOC.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why do Watchtower Publications not have an ISBN number?

Because the original magazines and books churned out by the WTBT$ have been revised and if they were all together in a library or book depsoitory researchers would have too much evidence from the shady cult's own literature proving they are dishonest in their writings.

• rebel8
    rebel8

yes but you don't need an isbn to put your publication on deposit at the library of congress.....which wt pubs already are

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit