Okay Aussies...'Splain yourselves! ;-)

by pmouse 6 Replies latest social current

• pmouse
    pmouse

http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2006-01-10-washing-machine_x.htm

Australian man rescued from washing machine

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) — A man had to be rescued after becoming wedged in a washing machine while playing a game with his children, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

A fire officer pulled Robin Toom, 38, out of the machine after Toom became trapped while playing hide-and-seek, according to Sydney's Daily Telegraph.

"I just hopped in there and couldn't even get the lid down and the kids came in and said, 'Ha, ha! We found you,'" Toom told the newspaper.

Toom, of the Queensland city of Townsville, waited for an hour with his knees pressed to his chest before being rescued by local fire squad member Dave Dillon, the paper reported.

Rather than dismantling the washer, Dillon reached into the machine and pulled out Toom's wedged foot.

Toom said he planned to change the rules of hide-and-seek for his children.

"I hope they don't go hiding in any washing machines now," he said.

• skyman
    skyman

I am glad something like that has never happened me how embarrassing.

• Mr.Beaker
    Mr.Beaker

I wonder if it was a front loader, that would have been pretty funny with just his head poking out?!

In defense of 'normal' Australians that wouldnt even attempt to crawl into a washing machine, this guy was from townsville, meaning he was a red neck of the highest order!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I think he had been on spin cycle too long!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sad to admit but for a dare (a long time ago) I hopped into one of those huge laundromat driers and did a few spins. I had not taken into account the hot air would multiply the effect of the spin and needless to say turned quite green.

• Miss_MG
    Miss_MG

I am trying to work out how he got in there in the first place.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

It was a top loader and he wasn't a very big man.

It was big news over here yesterday. Aussies are always doing things just to make Kiwis laugh!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit