How Much of a Witness Were You?

by prophecor 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• John Doe
    John Doe

'bout 200 lbs. ;-)

• slugga
    slugga

I remember another dube youth party I went to, it coiuldn't have sucked as bad as the other one I mentioned because i dont remember it being bad, just this one sucky bit.

There was an elder at the party, I'd seen him in the kitchen he was in "off duty" mode and you could se he just wanted to relax. Later on in the evening I wandered into a room to see what was going on in there. The Poor elder was trapped by brown nosing super spiritual teens, you know the type, robo witness with spots and greasy hair. They were sat around shooting biblical questions at him. The worse thing though was that having entered the room and having heard what they were talking about there was no way of escaping until you had heard at least one answer just incase you didn't look spiritual enough.

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

I would just die if I couldn't watch desperate housewives!

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    The main lights had been turned off and a few red lights scattered around to try and make it look like a disco lol I don't remember what was playing just that it was awful the same as the sisters trying to dance modestly to it but looking like it was the best night out that they'd ever had.

Having DJ'd during the late 70's-early 80's I would bet they not only had a good time, secretly they probably wanted more.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Thanks all for your responses. I guess I should've posted the topic as " Were you a righteous Witness or a worldly Witness " . I've heard the term "worldly witness" thrown around a lot in the KH. I see thier attempt to bring about a sense of normalcy as a response to young ones being so confined to a life, where having fun was discouraged and frowned upon.

It seems we were so tightly controlled, constricted almost, that some parents found it necessary to allow thier children room to be children, before some would take it upon themselves to drift out into the world in search of any normalcy, at whatever cost. Some of the parents really had it right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit