Revelation 12:1

by Honesty 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks Leolaia.

Interviewing is always a terrible thing. With your brain you will get something great in the long run, even if you have to settle for less for the time being, so don't let it get you down.

• a Christian
    a Christian

It seems quite clear to me that the woman in Rev. 12 is the New Covenant.

The Old Covenant and the New Covenant are both spoken of in Galatians 4:21-31. In verse 26 the New Covenant is called "Jerusalem above" and Paul tells Christians, "She is our mother."

But how could the New Covenant also be the mother of Christ, as the woman in Revelation is portrayed as giving birth to Christ? To understand the answer to this question we have to first understand what the New Covenant is. A covenant is an agreement entered into by two parties.

The New Covenant includes a set of promises God has from the time of Christ made to all people who do their best to serve Him faithfully, a set of promises which God first made to Jesus Christ Himself. This set of promises has always included the promise to provide His servants with a resurrection from the dead, and a promise to allow them to then live forever with Him, and a promise to allow them to rule with Him as a King.

Since Jesus Christ was the first one God entered into this New Covenant with, and since Jesus Christ was the first one God kept His promises in this regard to, as "the firstborn from the dead" (Col. 1:18; Rev. 1:5) Jesus Christ is quite properly portrayed in Revelation 12 as the firstborn child of the New Covenant.

Mike

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    various Christians saw the Church as true Israel and often blurred the two

That's what I figured on that. Thanks for the answers. I appreciate your serious consideration of the Holy Spirit thought as my questions on such matters mostly come from subjective meditation rather than objective education, so I very much appreciate getting the other side of it

Best wishes in regards to your work situation

~Merry

• FairMind
    FairMind

Honesty, the following application of Revelation is from the 4/15/1999 WT page 4. This is different than them applying the scripture to the WTBS.

This woman represents God’s heavenly organization of faithful angels, and the "male child" to whom she gives birth represents God’s Kingdom, with Jesus Christ ruling as King

• skyman
    skyman

I do not know but I bet Leolaia is problably correct.There are a lot a Pagan ideas in the New Testamant.

• Shazard
    Shazard

Heavenly Jerusalem. Read Isaiah (second part)

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

So glad to see you again Leolaia, thankyou.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I'm going to swing with the WT on this one..

Galatians 4:26 "But the Jeruslem above is free, and she is our mother"

The heavenly organization..of angels...

• mdb
    mdb

Is the woman Mary, the mother of Jesus (above: a Roman Catholic picture of Mary)?

Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth. And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads. His tail drew a third of the stars of heaven and threw them to the earth. And the dragon stood before the woman who was ready to give birth, to devour her Child as soon as it was born. She bore a male Child who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron [Ps 2:9; Rev 2:27; 19:15]. And her Child was caught up to God and His throne. Then the woman fled into the wilderness, where she has a place prepared by God, that they should feed her there one thousand two hundred and sixty days.
    Rev 12:1-6

And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ [the saints].
    Rev 12:17

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Is the woman Mary, the mother of Jesus (above: a Roman Catholic picture of Mary)?

It's actually Mary Baker Eddy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit