What is something that you consider attractive, and unattractive?

by free2beme 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

To All Women,

From what I've read on this thread I get the impression that male physical looks are not the first thing on your list. Am I right concluding this?

If I am right, then why is it that I always see good looking women with good looking men? And why is it that I can never attract a good looking woman? I'm very average looking.
    If looks aren't so important to women then why do they adore and spend so much on clothes fashion and make-up? Surely external appearance is of critical importance to women. If that is so then where does that leave us guys as far as women are concerned?

• rebel8
    rebel8

I can only speak for myself. Any primping I do is primarily to please myself.

Male looks are important, don't get me wrong. It's just not the first thing that attracts me.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    If I am right, then why is it that I always see good looking women with good looking men? And why is it that I can never attract a good looking woman? I'm very average looking.

Sounds like you have a bad self image, which may prevent you from approaching women that are attractive to you. I think that you need to be more confident in your quest. Do you like women that wear make-up and dress up? Or not? Is that a turn off to you? What are you looking for in a woman?

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Am I right concluding this?

----------------------------------

No, what peeple SAY and people DO are two entirely different things. Only a jerk is totally honest.

I come from both sides. I've lost over 180 pounds (from 430 lbs to a athletic 6'2, 240).

My personality hasn't changed one bit. But, now I get lots more attention. whatever.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What is attractive is uniquely individual to the individual. I think my Andy is hot, hot, hot. You might might not agree.

• serendipity
    serendipity

For the most part we attract people who are comparable in looks to us, unless one of the parties is wealthy, famous and/or powerful. A person who is only a 5 and has no wealth, etc is not going to attract a 10. If by some miracle he does attract a 10, can he keep her when a man who's a 10 starts encroaching ?

I've heard interesting theories that state we are attracted to people who look like us, or who's facial symmetry is similar to our own. Or that we're attracted to people who remind us of a loved one. Supposedly Camille Parker resembled Prince Charles' nanny, who was his mother figure.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Someone on here mentioned that despite all the call of personality matters and looks do not, they still feel that they are overlooked for looks by attractive people. This is reality, in that looks do get us to speak to the person or to notice them. The personality is what keeps the beauty there and keeps the relationship strong. I for one, will look at an attractive person more often. Yet inside I am often wondering how vain they probably are, yet I admit, I looked at them. Anyone who goes to a gym on a regular basis, knows what kind of people I am speaking about. I had a person in front of me the other day that was great looking and in great shape. I could not help but notice their body, it was wonderful and their face was near perfect. They knew this too! I listened to them speak and saw from the way they acted that they knew they were attractive. After listening to them, and watching them for a few minutes, their beauty faded and they looked normal to me or less then normal. The thing is, how many people were around me at the gym that day, that did not have this beauty, that I never even took a second look at or did not even see at all? That is reality, and it hurts at times.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Hmm, lots can be said on this subject.

My tastes change as the years go by. I was besotted with surf bunnies 'til I was about 35. Blonde hair, blue eyes and a tight body. Brains came second.

Now at nearly 50, I would say a turn on is quirky. Someone who stands out who shines without having to verbalise the fact.

Passionate women are a magnet. That spark which brings free flowing conversation. Music food wine their occupation, whatever.

I honestly can't define certain physical attributes because I have fallen for women who have the Bjork pixie look, to women who are taller than me and carrying a couple of healthy kilos.

That's life.

A turn off is someone who lives in the past

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

MsMcDucket,

" I think that you need to be more confident in your quest."
    It's not for the lack of trying of approaching a good looking woman. There just not interested. Their thoughts probably are "well with these fine looks of mine I can get a lot better, move along serf"

" Do you like women that wear make-up and dress up? Or not? Is that a turn off to you?"
    Yes I do, but it's a complete turn off when it is the be all and end all for them. One girl I know bought her boyfriend a present and then dragged him around expensive shops to by her an expensive garment. It made me cringe. I run a mile from women like that.
    Dress sense - I don't like it when women display their breasts and then ask why we gawk at them and then get accused of only ever thinking about one thing. 9 inch skirts are a deliberate ploy to titillate us guys - don't like them.
    "What are you looking for in a woman?"
    see
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105708/1832998/post.ashx#1832998

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

First and foremost I have to insist on intelligence as I need to be challenged once in a while; someone who will understand me but at the same time has the ability to say when I am wrong and prove it. Passion is something also which excites me and not just in the physical sense.

Someone down to earth and realistic but at the same time appreciates the nicer things in life and is hard working in whatever they do.

Physical Attraction...well it varies but if Helen Baxendale showed an interest....who knows lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit