COLLEGE STUDENTS!

by Dune 23 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'm a senior doubling in Math and English.

Stillawitness, you can always minor in Creative Writing. Remember, good writing skills are a valuable asset in nearly all careers.

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

I'm working backwards. I have a successful professional business but because I wasn't allowed the opportunity to attend college as a young person, I am pursuing it now. I also feel it is important so that I can avoid being a hypocrite with my children when it comes time for them to attend college. It will probably take me that long to get my degree, but as long as I keep on working at it, that is what matters. I'm currently taking two online classes as this is my slower season (work-wise), but will only be taking one otherwise.

HS

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Also, i was offered an internship at the NSA before i graduatedd from high school

holy crap. like as in, National Security Agency? are you into crypto? i was into crypto.

i was majoring in CS too, and then switched to biology, and then dropped out when the world fell out from under my feet. which is fine because i have an extremely short attention span for things not titillating. hopefully i will pick it up again in the future. but i am not sure what my priorities are anymore anyways. anthropology really turns my crank too. i am not so much interested in a lot of money either, so bio or anthro would work out well for me still.

but right now i am taking some time and finding myself. doing somethings that i always wanted to do, and never could, or even knew existed. and maybe just be a surf bum for a while and work menial jobs and party a bit, get my head straightened, write a bit, he he. okay okay, i am not that concerned with my head perhaps... ;)

TS

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Hi:

I have a B.S. in Chemistry and a Ph.D. in Biochemistry.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• kid-A
    kid-A

I was a double major in psychology and physiology (B.Sc) and did a Ph.D in cell biology.

• pmouse
    pmouse

At 50 years of age. I am attending school to obtain my BS in Business Management. The borg kept me out in the 70's as did my borg mother. I'm a little old to be doing this, but it's paying off in my career because right after obtaining my AA, I received a promotion.

Moral of the story, you're never too old to pursue your dreams as long as you don't let others tell you what to do.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm actually typing this reply FROM class........

• Plummet
    Plummet

Im doing what I can at the community college for A.A.S. in Mechanical Engineering and CAD, currently working as a CAD Tech. doing a little Engineering and I LOVE it. I just don't know what my next step should be.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    Im doing what I can at the community college for A.A.S. in Mechanical Engineering and CAD.

Thats exactly what I did. I've never work in that field though. I've been a project engineer for a store fixture manufacturer for the last 10 years.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

hi dune,

Gradutated with a BS and MS in Computer Science from Cornell. Currently a 3rd year PhD student in Computer Science at Univ of Wisconsin - Madison. (Top 10 overall in Comp Sci, but #1 in databases).

If you have any questions about grad school, would be glad to answer them.

One piece of advice: take a few courses in Psychology if you get the chance. Looking back, they were my favorite classes.

cheers,
    silent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit