Church members come from far and wide to repair hundreds of houses

by Country Girl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The reason the media isn't all over this is because the media DO NOT KNOW EVERYTHING.

This is what media campaigns are for. The way to get FOX, or NBC, or CBS, or ABC or MSNBC to cover this story is to write to them - either email or snail-mail - and LET THEM KNOW.

a few emails to reporter Jamie Reid (above) migh inspire him to go out and interview a few of these JW volunteers and a few of the people they have worked for, maybe some of the people they did NOT work for too. He will find the hard evidence for the money flow that SEYMOUR BUTTS has told us about.

Or we can do nothing and complain about how the media pays no attention to Watchtower scandals.

Each of us can choose to act or not.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    HOW DO WE GET THIS TO FOX NEWS?

Yeah, wouldn't Bill O'Reilly love something like this??

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

A few hours with a staple gun, being served free cake and perving on virgin teenagers desperate to marry me before they turn eighteen and get put on the shelf? Sign me up, beats field service any day!

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

To be honest, I assumed that this was common knowledge. This person sustained damage during Katrina....roof, interior water damage, etc... They were confined to living in one room due to the roof and subsequent water damage. A little background on this person...XXX was DFd for a divorce, but has since been reinstated. In the past 8 months the eyes of XXX have been opened and they only occasionally attend meetings. The sporadic attendance is due to the fact that XXX father is an elder. XXXs mother knows that XXX is doubting and told them that if they get DFd again, XXX would be shunned. So anyway, it was no big deal to hear that the "Brothers" would be doing the repairs on the house. A couple months ago XXX called....we were shooting the breeze about nothing in particular when I just happened to ask if the house had been fixed yet. XXX told me that the "brothers" had done the repairs and had only a few small things to finish. My reply was "Well, at least you saved some money and only had to pay for materials". This was when they told me that they didn't save any money because they had to give it all to the society. I was a little shocked when they told me this, but then asked why they had to give it all, why not just some of it. That was when I was told about the form they had to fill out. I quickly asked if XXX would send me a copy of it. I was told that there were no copies, just the original which was kept by the elders that witnessed the signing. But,.....XXX told me that their dad was one of the elders involved and he had more of the forms.....they would get me one if I wanted it. XXX called back a half an hour later and told me that they couldn't find them. Bummer! Oh well, I didn't think it was a big deal and told them to forget about it. I really thought that this was common knowledge and someone had one posted online somewhere. I was just wanting an original, not a copy. So,....do I have evidence...no, sorry I don't. Like I said, I didn't think it was that big of an issue at the time....I had heard that this happened in Florida as well from an earlier hurricane. Surely, there has to be someone else out there with knowledge of this.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Super letter Nathan. Again, is this just an 'American' thing? I am sure no British JWs are aware of this 'scam'. It would be a good idea to maybe email some British newspapers and keep the pressure up.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Actually, it is very annoying to see that the WTBTS like to BENEFIT from disaster.

If the FS is SO important (as the Society always stresses), why does the Society allow the dubs to forfeit it for something that can be done by professionals? They earn a pittance all year from their trashy-mag sales, but when a disaster comes along they hit the jackpot.

• gumby
    gumby

As usuall, I'm confused on something.

I didn't see where the Red Cross donated "building material" in the article or in Semours story. Here is what the article said,

Jehovah's Witnesses who can't drive to Southeast Texas donate money to help the cause, Avila said, which is used to buy supplies and food. Also, several nonprofit groups, like the Red Cross, have donated frozen and canned foods.

If the Red Cross did indeed supply building materials, then do they not want any monies recieved from insurance companies to re-emburse them? Would it not be good to inform insurance companies who insured those in that area, that witness homeowners are required to give monies collected from insurance companies to their organisation.... rather than the homeowner and those who assisted materially in the relief? Like I said.....I'm prolly way off base as usual

Gumby

• badwillie
  • Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Nathan, that letter you wrote to the Red Cross is PERFECT! A copy to the Beaumont Enterprise, along with BadWillie's letter should take care of the rest of the issues involved.

You guys are terrific!

Frannie

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Good points all.

How about some more letters addressing some other things? More is better.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/105741/1.ashx

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit