Church members come from far and wide to repair hundreds of houses

by Country Girl 29 Replies latest jw friends

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I think you guys are missing the whole story. I personally know someone that has had their hurricane damaged house repaired recently by the "Brothers". They fix the house alright, but you also have to sign a form disclosing ALL that you have recieved in insurance and other aide for repairs. This money/check, HAS to be signed over to the Society.

It is nothing more than another money making scam for the Society. They send out the free labor force to repair the homes for nothing more than the cost of materials. The Society then gets to pocket the remainder.

The society doesn't invest a dime and makes tons of money from their free labor.

• TopHat
    TopHat

SMB, If the WTS demands that a JW who lost a house, give up all money from the insurance they recieve, then they are better off having a professional rebuild their home rather than amateurs...at least they will have a written guarantee.
    How did your JW friend feel about giving up the insurance money?

• rekless
    rekless

I think you guys are missing the whole story. I personally know someone that has had their hurricane damaged house repaired recently by the "Brothers". They fix the house alright, but you also have to sign a form disclosing ALL that you have recieved in insurance and other aide for repairs. This money/check, HAS to be signed over to the Society. Do you have evidence of this I would love to hear more. What gull!!! Is there a policy or can you get the FORM and post it here, Gawd I can't beleive it, shock!, shock!, shock! dan

• slugga
    slugga
    Perham said he would like to help more people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses but added, "You gotta look after your family. You can't take care of everyone in the world."

Now can you imagine if the table were turned if people turned out and helped everyone EXCEPT the witness families. There would be uproar in the congregations with Po's proclaiming that this was yet another sign of Satan's satanic world persecuting good honest christians...

Mean minded, spirited bastards

Matt

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

The writer gave his email address at the end of this article. I, for one, am going to write to him with the other side of the story about their 'love'. I will try to look up something from WT publications about the Red Cross.

Any others?

B

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

January 14, 2006

American Red Cross National Headquarters

2025 E Street, NW

Washington, DC 20006

Dear friends,

I am writing to you today because I have just learned of a "Hurricane Katrina" fraud being perpetrated against the American Red Cross with the goal of making a quick and handsome profit for the perpetrators of the scheme, who are The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Brooklyn New York, whose members are known as Jehovah's Witnesses.

What I have learned from my source, who must remain anonymous, is that groups of "volunteer" Jehovah's Witnesses have been obtaining materials for the Hurricane Katrina rebuilding effort with the assistance of the American Red Cross.

The first priority of these Jehovah's Witness volunteers is the repair of their houses of worship, known as "Kingdom Halls." Yet within the walls of these Kingdom Halls the Jehovah's Witnesses are taught that the American Red Cross is a part of Satan's world and is slated for destruction when Jehovah God brings Armageddon, which is due any day now.

Two reasons Jehovah's Witnesses would give to support their condemnation of the American Red Cross would be:

1. The American Red Cross encourages blood transfusions when medically necessary. Jehovah's Witnesses are against blood transfusions and blood donations.

2. The American Red Cross acts "in accord with the military authorities as a medium of communication between the people of the United States and their armed forces" as directed by the US Congress. Jehovah's Witnesses give allegiance to no nation of Man, and view all the nations of this world as opposers of God's Kingdom.

There is another aspect of this Watchtower SCAM that goes beyond what I have mentioned so far. I have learned that these Jehovah's Witness Hurricane Katrina reconstruction volunteers are also engaged in the repair of individual homes in the affected area, and it is in this regard that this fraud becomes especially scandalous, in my opinion.

IF, and ONLY if, the homeowner is a Jehovah's Witness "in good standing" in the local congregation will he benefit from the work of these volunteers. If you are the neighbor of a Jehovah's Witness or a former member of the congregation, then Jehovah's Witnesses would just as soon you were dead, which you soon will be - because Armageddon is coming any day now.

So Jehovah's Witnesses DISCRIMINATE on the basis of RELIGIOUS BELIEF.

But bear with me - it gets worse.

Those Jehovah's Witnesses that get volunteer i.e., unpaid, Jehovah's Witness reconstruction assistance, using materials DONATED by the American Red Cross are then REQUIRED to sign over any and all insurance settlements they receive to THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY!

The WATCHTOWER has their people working for free, using material provided by the American Red Cross, and the money flows into Brooklyn!

THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY reports annual income of just shy of ONE BILLION DOLLARS. The volunteers who work in the WATCHTOWER factories get room and board and $100 per month. The WATCHTOWER operates no charities. They have no orphanages, no hospitals, no soup kitchens, and they give nothing to the American Red Cross or any other charitable group. Their Billion dollars a year comes from donations. They are a RELIGION, you see. They have devoted themselves to telling the rest of us that Jehovah God is going to kill more than 99% of the earth's population (anyone who is not a Witness has a slim likelihood of surviving) - any day now.

...and there will be no American Red Cross around afterward to help sort things out.

I realize that the American Red Cross operates under the fundamental principles of Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity, and Universality.

Do they also turn a blind eye to such scandalous FRAUD?

I urge the American Red Cross to look into this matter to see for themselves if this story is true and accurate. I trust that you will then know what to do with the hypocritical fraudsters of THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY.

Sincerely,

A concerned American

--- end --- also sent to [email protected]

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Perham said he would like to help more people who are not Jehovah's Witnesses but added, "You gotta look after your family. You can't take care of everyone in the world."

Hmmm.... I didn't hear anything like this statement from the thousands upon thousands of autonomous Christian churches who sent millions of dollars donated from individuals in communities around the world and tons and tons of diapers, food, blankets, stuffed toys, bandages, tools clothing, etc. to disaster stricken areas in vehicles they either rented or were donated by their members.

That statement from the JW makes me just want to run back to the nearest kingdom hall and ask them to forgive me for worshipping Jesus as my God and my Lord.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Can the WTS get away with fraud like this mentioned....They are taking from the redcross materials to build for their own member in good standing only and using free labor to boot and THEN they want the insurance money? Why haven't the media jumped on this!??

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    Do you have evidence of this

Can someone post an example of proof this is actually going on.

YC

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

HOW DO WE GET THIS TO FOX NEWS?

Skeeter1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit