Spiritually sick

by Rooster 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rooster
    Rooster

3/15/2000 watchtower

"The Christian congregation is the means whereby we receive timely spiritual food, encouragement, and guidance. (Matthew 24:45-47; Hebrews 10:21-25) For instance, if any are spiritually sick, they can "call the older men [appointed elders] of the congregation." James adds the assurance: "And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."—James 5:13-15."

James 5:13-15.13

Is there anyone suffering evil among YOU? Let him carry on prayer. Is there anyone in good spirits? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

What does spiritual sickness have to do with this scripture?

"Is there anyone suffering evil among YOU?" Is this spiritual evil?

• JH
    JH

An elder told me that I was spiritually sick

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

Is that before or after you have been shunned for a year?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It seems they are referring to verse 14. So you should expect the elders to visit and try to grease you with oil.

• slugga
    slugga
    It seems they are referring to verse 14. So you should expect the elders to visit and try to grease you with oil.

Noooo the GB says massage makes you gay !!!!

heres something from the "Whats the dumbest reason youve been counseled?" thread

read it in a South Park type voice

Wow, I almost forgot! During the CO's visit, I was called in by CO & PO because I was going to massage school. CO sez that he knew a bro who was a massage therapist & it made him gay & that he got aids, & finally returned to the truth, but was dying, and I just better watch out that it did'nt make ME gay.

lol

Matt

• Rooster
    Rooster

Did you have some sort of open sores?

• avishai
    avishai

Geez, slugga, you stalking me or what?

Glad to see SOMEONE is a fan of my posts!!!

• slugga
    slugga

Yeah some of your posts make me laugh. I'm not that big on the "lets argue the toss over the exact date of the destruction of Jerusalem" type threads I'd rather laugh about how stupid life in the truth is and you're threads tend to deal with that. Kilts, fights in the cong and stupid reasons to get bawled at :) neat topics

Matt

• xjwms
    xjwms

It was suggested to me

that I may spiritually sick

Its their standard

and not mine, so, I guess do as I was taught... us vs them.

• Poztate
    Poztate

Tell him that you need a "spiritual enema" to get rid of all the "shit" you were fed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit