Pre Armageddon Preparation.

by Clam 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam
    just make sure Danny's bunker is stashed with beer.

Yep, if the stores ran out of beer it would be my own personal end of the world lol.

• Jake99
    Jake99

You don't need to stock pile anything, for when Christ takes charge, all things will be abundant. What you need to prepare for is change to a system that is simple and fair. What the Christians and the Jews, as well as what all others are doing, will be changed to a combination of all systems. One, system, currency, payscale, price list, equal opportunity and direct distribution where possible. Its the death of the middle man just like all companies have been doing for years. We now have the Internet and that changes everything.

The question is, will you stand behind a man who stands against your ways?

• funlovingirl
    funlovingirl

My aunt got upset with me because I didn't want to learn to sew....
    she said there would be resurrection survivors who needed clothes
    made for them! I told her she could make them for them.....

Will there be electricity for the sewing machine? or will they do
    it by hand??? Oh well, at least she's thinkin ahead!!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi funlovingirl, welcome to the forum! Tell her you have an eternity to learn how to do everything.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

At Y2K, my parents thought it was Armageddon. The garage was full....they bought:

barrels of wheat, rye, & other flours

gallons of gas

a HUGE generator

toilet paper like you could not imagine

food, food, food

water purification tablets

I could just go on & on & on. But, I prefer to keep my posts short.

Skeeter1

• caryl
    caryl

I like how you write, Merry.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The Societies color illustrations of Armageddon on various publication covers made a big impression on me when I was a kid. I always imagined thet it would happen like this, even as an adult. Someone should publish this Rutherford era artwork. It really was kind of cool. They typically showed the following elements:

-A lightning bolt (laser beam?) has just struck a building which is in the midst of crumbling, bricks flying, people in the foreground screaming and holding their heads. Often one of the buildings shown being destroyed was a Christian church.

-A huge crack in the earth swallowing people and cars.

-People with ragged clothes and big sores on their bodies wandering around looking hysterical.

-Some kind of Catholic clergy, a Bishop or Pope in full regalia, with expressions of terror on their faces as they see the Vatican crumbling and you know that they know they are dead meat!

(Back in those days they really focused on the Catholic Church. I remember my Grandmother saying, every time a picture of the Pope was on TV, "(haruumph!), that old dirty Devil!")

This is quite ironic as one of the points they liked to make was that Joe Hoba would never coerce anyone to serve him through fear like those that taught hellfire, and eternal punishment. After all wasn't this the whole idea of the Job story? Shunning is their hell and they can make it happen NOW if you don't shape up and quit asking embarassing questions, you apostate Motherf----r!.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Oh yeah, I forgot. I always assumed that we would kind of be safely out of the way just observing the carnage, like Romans watching the games.

I never heard of anyone preparing in a material way. As long as we were meeting our hours and placements we were safe. This left a large percentage of JW's in LIMBO, a miserable way to live. But that's a subject for another thread.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

They are not encouraged to accumulate the things necessary to survive because most janitors can't afford to stockpile.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    toilet paper like you could not imagine

What is up with people who stockpile toilet paper? My father-in-law has about 20 cases in his garage. I'm not sure if he's preparing for Armageddon or a really bad case of diarrhea.

So skeeter, what did your parents do with all those barrels of flour?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit