Pre Armageddon Preparation.

by Clam 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    I read somewhere that Mormons are required to keep a years worth of canned goods in case the end of the world comes. ; I wonder why witnesses weren't required to do this?

I often wondered too. I think its the hope, that angels will come and guide the JW`s through armagedddon. Simulatanously the governing body would get information from highest sources (perhaps vom Jesus Christ personally) how to react, and inform the lower ranks in the organisation. Sorry, I cannot take that serious. I do my best, but I cannot understand this policy.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Didn't Rutherford store away booze in his bomb shelter during the prohobition?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

We didn't stockpile for armageddon, but my ex insisted that we be prepared for Y2K. I didn't have a problem with it because the stuff we bought wouldn't go bad anyway. We didn't bother with the bottled water much, but I stockpiled a lot of beer, wine, scotch, cognac, and rum.

I still keep a good stock of supplies in the house, but not for armageddon. I've had a number of knee and back injuries over the years, and a few other health problems. Should my health take another downturn I don't want to have to worry about getting things I need. I could probably live 3 months with what I have without having to go shopping.

W

edited to add: Oh yeah, I have guns and ammo too.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Seems like the Mormons in general put their money where their mouth is a lot more so than JWs when it comes to preparation for their "new system".

They store food, have a plan on how they will rule, & make sure their members have the necessary education and training to run an administration...

I don't think JWs even know how their 144,001 mommies in heaven will even talk to them.

• Highlander
    Highlander

For most of his life, my grandfather stored food, water, and other various supplies inside a 'secret' room in his house. Ofcourse when we all talked about it, we put a sarcastic emphasis on 'secret room' as we said it cuz in reality, everyone knew about it. Grandpa even had an illegal underground tank full of gasoline. Though gasoline does go bad after time, we started pumping it out and using it in our own vehicles. When the tank was empty we dug it up and disposed of it properly. I think Grandpa has finally mellowed out a bit and realized there's not point to his 'secret room' He's old and will die before any potential breakdown of civilization.

• slugga
    slugga
    I don't think JWs even know how their 144,001 mommies in heaven will even talk to them.

Ministerial Bat-phone stupid!

lol

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

The apocalyptic Haszard clan did it all (even buried a new world translation) for the day we would 'hunker in the bunker' O-kay by me just make sure Danny's bunker is stashed with beer.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Never heard any details from anybody about this. I do think that the mindset is there that some probably have a "secret" hiding place mapped out in their head. I know I thought about it before. What sad times those where.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Seems like the Mormons in general put their money where their mouth is a lot more so than JWs when it comes to preparation for their "new system".

There's the reason why--all that money the R&F would be spending on personal survival preparations would decrease contributions to the WWWW (how many Ws is that supposed to have again?).

The impression I got growing up was two-fold: there was nothing we could do to ensure our own survival, not even through faith and obedience to God who actually only had to make sure a few token survivors just barely got through, yet everybody was desperately working their butts off for the WTS in hopes of assurance that somehow they would be among the Millions Now Living [who] Will Never Die, smiling their way, untouched, through the destruction of Armageddon and walking blissfully into Paradise.

That's what I love about the Org, the way they foster two opposing mindsets and somehow make them happily co-exist.

~Merry

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

my sister used to have a list of capable witlesses who would be good to have around after everybody else was killed. And by capable people I mean people with skill's and woodsman like knowledge. According to her you did not want to be stranded after arm'o with a bunch of idiots who couldn't start a fire or find the necesary resources to survive. I guess until the angels came.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit