Pre Armageddon Preparation.

by Clam 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam

Are there JWs who prepare for the tribulations they assume are around the corner?

When I visted the US once in 1999 I met a few guys who were expecting a global meltdown due to the millenium bug.

As a consequence they had generators, guns, ammo, tins of food, bottled water, fuel, all kinds of stuff to help them through a civil disorder situation.

Does anyone know or remember any JWs who have prepared like this? Yes Jehovah will see them alright at Armageddon of course, but the weeks leading up to the final battle could be pretty tough going. . .

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have set aside a peanut.... just... in... case...

• xjwms
    xjwms

I've had a bottle

of pure water hidden behind my bar for years...just in case....in PREPARATION

• Clam
    Clam
    I have set aside a peanut.... just... in... case...

Not from that packet with a "sell by date" of January 1975?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

We put a new roof on the KH. One elder thought Jehovah would use it to protect us from falling debris.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

I have met one Jw who prepared like that. No guns or ammo, but food water tents etc.. He was pretty secretive about his stash.. Didn't want to appear to lack faith.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Not from that packet with a "sell by date" of January 1975?

Actually it had a "sell by date" of December 31, 1975. (I never thought I would need it after that date)

• luna2
    luna2
    I have met one Jw who prepared like that. No guns or ammo, but food water tents etc.. He was pretty secretive about his stash.. Didn't want to appear to lack faith.

Yeah, if you're a JW you're best off not talking about all those canned goods and the bottled water in that special pantry in your basement or you'll get a hefty dose of scorn from all the other, more spiritual, JWs in your congo...might even get a talking to by Elder Buttinsky too!

• Rooster
    Rooster

My father build a special storage area in our house getting ready for the "Great Tribulation" it was filled with canned goods.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I read somewhere that Mormons are required to keep a years worth of canned goods in case the end of the world comes. I wonder why witnesses weren't required to do this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit