Should Jehovers Witnesses use Heinz 57 products?

by Elsewhere 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The other night I was listening to NPR on the radio while driving home and I heard a very interesting piece of information... the "57" in the Heinz 57 brand came from occult sources! The container says "Heinz 57 Varieties" but the number was never meant to literally mean they had 57 varieties of products, instead the numbers 5 and 7 have occult meaning.

I looked around on the internet and found these articles:

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a1_195

http://www.answers.com/topic/h-j-heinz-company-1

• Mary
    Mary

Maybe you could write to Bethel and ask them.

• slugga
    slugga

Oh wow this could be the start of a new satanic conspiracy !

Check out the arch satanist himself and soon to be star of many Awake articles "Magical Trevor" on http://www.weebls-stuff.com/toons/magical+trevor/ and note what the cow saw in a parallel dimension!

Spooky lol

I can see sisters that have been the victims of domestic violence turning up at the hall and explaining their black eyes away as being the result of flying satanic cans of beans

Matt

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Once Heinz hit on the notion of "57 varieties," he constructed a number of hideous advertising signs at various strategic locales around the country. One, which was six stories high, was located at 23rd and 5th Avenue in New York City and dazzled tourists with a 40-foot-long electrified pickle

Oh yeah, I know all about this. In the 1920s, there was on Nuuanu Road up to the Pali (on Oahu, Hawai'i) a billboard of a giant pickle. Now, the Pali is one of the most scenic spots of Hawaii....and here there was this grotesque pickle! There was somewhat of an outcry about it, but it was perfectly legal. A women's association called The Outdoor Circle (which, among other things, worked to beautify Kalaukaua Avenue with trees; earlier, it had been an ugly thoroughfare through swamps and farms) lobbied hard to pass a law to ban billboards, and they succeeded....and ever since then, billboards of ALL kinds have been completely outlawed in Hawaii.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Should Jehovers Witnesses use Heinz 57 products?

No. A conscientious JW will examine the label and note the ingredients. These ingredients, individually, can be considered fractions of the product, and a JW's conscience may permit him to partake of these fractions. But at no time should a JW consume all these ingredients at the same time.

W

• skyman
    skyman

I don't buy into the idea. But it is interesting thanks

• skyman
    skyman

As cracy as all the other thing the JW stopped buying it would be kind of fun to get information out amoung them to see what happens I'll do this and see if it gets off the ground.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

What is it about people from Pittsburg in the 1890's and the occult?

I wonder if Russel enjoyed pickles while contemplating pyramids?

steve

• FairMind
    FairMind

I stopped using Heinz 57 products back in the 70's after I heard from a reputable source who had heard from another reputable source that the Catholic church held 51% of the company's stock. The other 49% was held by the WTBTS.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Without peeking at any other post my comment is there was a significant stir regarding this matter in dub land 30 years ago,my grandmother was in the thick of all the latest jdub urban legends.This demonic steak sauce goodie appeared circa when granny wrote a letter to Mcdonalds to query if they were putting blood (no not worms that came later) in their hamburger.

yes you can take danny outta the dub's but you can't take away danny's life experiences,heck i should write a book about it,OH i have my personal website dannyhaszard.com

edited-granny raved all over the circuit when Mcdonalds PR replied negative on the blood and gave her a $5.00 purchase coupon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit