Which 3 would you choose?

by Clam 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

If you could be a fly on the wall at any event in history, which three events would you choose?

It could be anything, eg birth of Jesus, seeing the Beatles live, listening to a C.T.Russell speech, Battle of the Little Big Horn, etc.

You don't even have to be a fly; you could participate if you liked . .

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

1. any time around/in the cambrian explosion of hard bodied organisms about 545 million years ago.
    2. the permian period mass extinction, 250 million years ago.
    3. 7th floor of the calgary general hostpital, march 25, 1977 at approx 1:30 pm to witness my own birth.

:)

TS

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Well, I happen to know what a fly wants. So when he would have been there around 8 am in my bathroom, he would have had a delissious meal.

But seriously, one of the biggest event in history still have to do with Jesus. So to witness the last parts of his life, would be a nice time, to see what really happened.

DB

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

1. french revolution
    2. cuban revolution
    3. woodstock 1

i will only choose three per post, okay?

TS

• City Fan
    City Fan

I'd like to be at one of the great battles of history, Issus, Cannae, Agincourt, Waterloo - only if I could survive unscathed of course. Maybe I could be in one of the British infantry squares at Waterloo as the French Cuirassiers attacked.

Or maybe travel back 65 million years and see if it was an asteroid that really helped kill off the dinosaurs.

Or just go back to Hollywood around 1933 and meet Stan and Ollie!!!

• rebel8
    rebel8
    7th floor of the calgary general hostpital, march 25, 1977 at approx 1:30 pm to witness my own birth.

.....but that means you'd see your mother's......never mind...WHY would you want to see that??!!!

LOL I am an evolutionary enigma....a woman grossed out by pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding, blecccchhhhh...I once delivered a baby in the hospital parking lot...well actually the mother delivered it and I just stood there saying encouraging things and holding supplies....oh and yelling for doctors to come about every 10 seconds.....I almost threw up in the midst of it......it was not enjoyable at all! (Word to the wise preggies: If you are having contractions minutes apart for a long time--go to the hospital quickly! Don't wait and give birth in your back seat!)

• Ellie
    Ellie

1 The garden of Eden to tell eve not to eat the fruit (if she ever did)

2 Any time during the 60s just to lap up the atmosphere

3 The winter olympics when Torvill and Dean won gold.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    .....but that means you'd see your mother's......never mind...WHY would you want to see that??!!!

LOL, for sure. i hadn't thought of that... HA HA!~!

well, upon some reflection, i guess i would still do it. it doesn't bug me that much... he he he, hilarious... i would want to see it because something in me tells me that it would be a very intense and ethreal moment, to see yourself being born. to think that my existence, that i was currently living in at that moment, started right at that moment too. i just want to appreciate life more i guess, and i feel like that would give me something sort of awesome, a paradox of some sort. the same as going into the future to see one's death. i think it would help me appreciate life more. i dunno. :)

TS

• Clam
    Clam

1. any time around/in the cambrian explosion of hard bodied organisms about 545 million years ago.
    2. the permian period mass extinction, 250 million years ago.
    3. You've surprised me Tetrapod. I thought one of your choices would be to help Noah, Shem, Ham and Japheth herd the animals into the Ark.
  • slugga
    slugga
    Or maybe travel back 65 million years and see if it was an asteroid that really helped kill off the dinosaurs

No it was a space freighter that used to be piloted by Beryl Reid with Adric at the helm <g>

Smart arse Matt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit