Are we starting to 'Come out'?

by Honesty 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

I just love those Memphis Belles.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I hid my identity while I was studying with the JW Presiding Overseer, but since he admitted to me the FDS got no messages from God, and then would not continue my Bible studies, I started displaying a photo of the real me.

But I'm not a JW - got JW friends though - sort of.

• xjwms
    xjwms

One of the few "worldly" friends I made upon leaving died a few months ago....

His name was Bob Evens

You kinda made my eyes open a little wider there

• moanzy
    moanzy

I was worried at the beginning, but now I'm crusty!!!! The governing body can kiss my ass and I don't care who knows I'm here because I want my family free one day.

I also keep hoping my long lost sister will see me here and will realize I am on her side. She has been missing for about 2 and half years. The police know she is alive, but can't locate her either. Thanks watchtower society for systematically screwing my family around since my birth!!!!!!

Moanzy

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Bite me ted. Once I was your chairman at an assembly. During your long @ss prayer at the end, I was praying for you to keel over.

Matt Foster

Uvalde/San Antonio TX

• ljwtiamb
    ljwtiamb

Hey you guys are right!

Who cares what the h311 they think?!?!

--anonymous from Main Street, City, State, USA --

• Forscher
    Forscher

Many are. I've already given my reason for the anonymity elsewhere. If things change, we'll just have to see. There is one person here who doesn't live all that far from me. He'd find out before the rest of you if it does!
    Forscher

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Absolutely! It has no real power, which is why I have my real photograph as my avatar! Fear gives Watchtower power; freedom releases it!

Ian

A very good point Ian.The WT controls people by making them afraid of what they can do to you. I will only be truly free from them if I am prepared to cut ALL ties. These ties at present include a wife and dozens of relatives. I am not prepared to make this final step so I am still CONTROLED by the WT to a degree. I don't think it will ever change for me. I am in limbo land.

• slugga
    slugga

Excert from Matt Fosters "When Elders Go Bad" available from Amazon.com and all good book stores

Bite me ted. Once I was your chairman at an assembly. During your long @ss prayer at the end, I was praying for you to keel over.

*Drags Matt kicking and screaming off to the cloakroom (in the cloakroom in the UK because in the hall car park is its giving a bad witness) and SMACKS THE BACK OF HIS LEGS !

LOL

Remember how everyone in the the hall would go silent as one of those naughty kids was hauled out kicking and screaming and we'd all sit there waiting for the <<<SMACK>>> noise.

LOL

Matt

• Dansk
    Dansk

Poztate:

These ties at present include a wife and dozens of relatives. I am not prepared to make this final step so I am still CONTROLED by the WT to a degree. I don't think it will ever change for me. I am in limbo land.

People in your situation have it hard, I know! All you can do is try the fade because you obviously have much to lose. However, there will come a time when such control becomes wearing and you may well say enough is enough. At that point you won't care and you'll walk away from it all. One cannot be a held to ransom for life because life is for living. It wouldn't do to look back in years to come at the life one could have had but wasted to Watchtower.

Tough decisions, but while family is controlled you will always be emotionally blackmailed. Personally, I couldn't live like that and decided to make the break. My wife and two sons came out, too - my two daughters stayed in. Getting 66% of my family out wasn't bad under the circumstances

I wish you well.

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit