Email from Stephen Bates regarding Quotes website

by IT Support 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    I may have to acquire a new secret email account

If anyone needs a Gmail invite, just PM me with an email address.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hey thanks IT

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I recieved a similar email from Steven Bates as well today. I was about to start a new thread, good thing i spotted this one first.

Subject : Re: WatchTower sues [Quotes] for $100,000+

Dear Stephen, A few months ago you kindly emailed me about the Watchtower's litigation against the Canadian website. I have followed the story from afar and an account will, I hope, be running on the Guardian's international website: www.newsunlimited.co.uk within the next day or two. Thank you for telling me about the original story.

Best wishes,

Steve Bates

How kind of him to reply, after such a long while. He's a great guy and a brilliant reporter, he even went so far as to write me an individual email, with slightly different wording than IT's email...

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

kewl

Wanna put a bug in his ear about the blood article?

• deeskis
  • IT Support
    IT Support

Lady Lee,

Wanna put a bug in his ear about the blood article?

Barbara already did that. Let's just say he's keeping a watching brief for now...

• willyloman
    willyloman

For those of you reading this thread and wondering, Who the hell is Stephen Bates, he's the reporter who wrote the expose on the WTS' 10-year association with the United Nations. It appeared in his newspaper, the Guardian, which in the UK is akin to getting something in a major metro paper in the U.S. Bates covers religion for the Guardian.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Great stuff. I wonder if he got any comments from a Society spokesman about it? A Society spokesperson will probably completely spin it to say it is purely a copyright/proprietary issue.

I really hope the article rams home the irony of the fact that the Society have fought tooth and nail all the way to the highest Courts on the planet for their own freedom of expression but here they have actively suppressed it in others.

It's gonna look bad when everyone reads that the Society forced the removal of a website that didn't even offer any critical commentary, that just put up quotes from the Society's own publications. It gives the distinct impression that this is a cult with something to hide. It could act as a tipping point for a few JW's on the edge.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Another Nail in the coffin!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks IT

• IT Support
    IT Support

willyloman ,

Thanks for mentioning that, I forgot.

yaddayadda ,

Good points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest