A Search for Truth?

by Rooster 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen

Makes you wonder if the guy was schizophrenic .

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I agree with you Heathen...I don't think Russell was the evil slave but the Wt turned into it. He wasn't perfect but I don't think he was evil..I think he had basic doctines in leaps and bounds over Christendom...and wasn't trying to exalt himself to be our damn boss over everything!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Star Moore, can you name one basic doctrine that the Russelites taught that was not drawn from another church? Russell couldn't, and said so. The illusion of a dicotomy, JWS vs. Christendom, was another invention of Rutherford. Russell regarded all Christians brothers. Funny how now even after recognizing the unremarkable and uninspired development of the WT doctrine and structure, the sense of 'us vs. them' still lingers.

• heathen
    heathen

NO I don't think russell was the evil slave but he was a false prophet non the less . It took awhile for the religion to evolve from the russellites to what it is today . It is all controlling today . I don't know when they came up with the babylon doctrine but they certainly started putting the chains on members with it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit