A Search for Truth?

by Rooster 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

Yadda I will look up the info on the book and let you know soon I am sure I have links to this somewhere in my files, what is certain is that Russell had it printed and promoted and Rutherford (who remember contacted angels for info) also did the same as a president of the WTS.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Trevor:

Life has chosen to live in you therefore you were worthy of life before you were born. I urge you never to surrender your birthright to gain the approval of those who claim that your right to life is dependent on membership of their club.

You have already been invited to the banquet of life and it is free. The only qualification required is that you are alive - and you are - wonderfully alive.

I hope that in your journey through life you find peace within yourself, for it is the hallmark of truth.

That, my friend, is beautiful! Thank you for that.

j

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    who remember contacted angels for info

LOL, he didn't 'contact angels for info', let's not twist his words. Rutherford wasn't a spirit medium. He expressed the belief that the angels somehow conveyed divine revelation or thoughts via the WTS somehow.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

So Russel got rid of the predestination-teaching and the hell-doctrine. Does this mean that he "rid christianity of pagan influences"? Nope. Because you can`t rid christianity of something that is in the Bible! I`m not a born-again and I`m not even sure I would consider myself a christian, but both pre-destination and hell are part of the Bible. If "ridding christianity of its pagan influences" means ignoring certan parts of the Bible (or re-interpreting/twisting scriptures to make them say something other than what they say), then nothing would be left of the Bible. Accept the Bible as a whole, or become an atheist, that`s what I say.

• Rooster
    Rooster

So Russel got rid of the predestination-teaching and the hell-doctrine. Does this mean that he "rid christianity of pagan influences"? Nope. Because you can`t rid christianity of something that is in the Bible! I`m not a born-again and I`m not even sure I would consider myself a christian, but both pre-destination and hell are part of the Bible. If "ridding christianity of its pagan influences" means ignoring certan parts of the Bible (or re-interpreting/twisting scriptures to make them say something other than what they say), then nothing would be left of the Bible. Accept the Bible as a whole, or become an atheist, that`s what I say.

I think the name of God has been added into places [by the WTBTS] in the Christian Greek scriptures where it does not belong.

It seems to me that the society side steps Jesus Christ and His authority with teachings that salvation can be attained through meeting attendance, field service, participating in their ministry school, marking others in their congregation, donating monetarily to their cause, & on & on.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

I agree.

I think the name of God has been added into places [by the WTBTS] in the Christian Greek scriptures where it does not belong.

Of course. Everybody on this forum knows that, it`s old news. There are over 50 000 fragments found (including the manuscripts) of the NT. The tetragrammation isn`t to be found in any of them. The WTS use the "divine name" (however it`s pronounced) in passages that refer to OT-passages. In my opinion, that is also a travesty. The writers of the NT-texts primarily used the Septuagint, and in these versions, the "divine name" had allready been replaced by substitutes, so when the NT-texts refer to OT-passages, these passages would, to the author of the NT-texts, not contain the "divine name". That said, I think it is ok to put the "divine name" back in the Old Testament, because it does belong there. I do think that "Yahweh" would be a better choice than "Jehovah" though.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think russel or rutherford were saints either. IMO the bible says the true saints die a martyrs death for their preaching work and niether one of them died of anything but natural causes. They were both false prophets whose beliefs are, oddly enough, still held up by the WTBTS in some respects . Just glad I didn't fall for their convoluted reasonings and did my search on the web to find out the facts . I do think it very strange that they need a two thirds vote on doctrine from the supposed "anointed" in charge .I would love to hear the opinions of those that were voted down and why they opposed the majority on those issues . You know it's probly illegal for them to even mention it outside the tower. There are so many flaws in the stuff that does get published that it's obvious the less knowledgable are running the place .I really think the evil slave took over .

• Rooster
    Rooster
    I really think the evil slave took over .

Yes years ago when it was founded..

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think they were as anal over things when they were first founded .If you read the WT articles the past couple of years the theme is unquestioning obedience to the publishing corporation , only those that don't question anything are loyal and of course the constant push for the R&F to do more in selling magazines , since now the end is once again so close ( which may or may not be) who's to say on that one at this point .I think the UN scandal pretty much left them without any credibility , that was the most hideous lie they could have portrayed .

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete
    LOL, he didn't 'contact angels for info', let's not twist his words. Rutherford wasn't a spirit medium. He expressed the belief that the angels somehow conveyed divine revelation or thoughts via the WTS somehow.

No like all "spirit mediums" he abused peoples gullibility by asserting mysterious supernatural spirit communication as a source of information.

The book that was alluded to earlier was called Angels and Women. Russell was editor, he recommended it in the WT as I recall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit