Tattoo You?

by SixofNine 26 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Don't take this as any kind of condemnation; it's just a question. I'm curious about what the tattooed among us think.

Why are you confident that you will be glad you have your tattoo ten or twenty years from now?

Are you confident about that?

Do you view tattoos as inherently different (other than the obvious) from other fashion statements, ie: clothes, shoes, hair, makeup, etc.?

If it was less common, do you think you would still have gotten one?

Do you think having been a JW affected your desire to get a tattoo?

And most importantly, should I get one?

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Six,

I have no tattoos, so I can't help you there.

I've been longing to get a small scarlet letter "A" for about ten years now. It just seems so very naughty!

Ginny

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Ginny,

How 'bout in addition to "A", you put, "Sailor's Tail", scrolled in bodily conformity just above your tail bone?

I could sketch that out for you if you like.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I don't have any tatoos either, but I have been considering putting a

sharp bone through my nasal septum and stretching out my lower lip

until it hits the top of my chest. Tattoos are just too common now.

It's like anything else, once over 25% of the population get them,

they're not cool anymore. I, on the other hand, like to be a leader

of fads and the nose bone and stretched lip will certainly make me

avant garde.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Six,

A sketch would be helpful. I have no idea what a "Sailor's Tail" is.

Ginny

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I don't have one, but I definately think you should get one.

I'll sketch it out for you, hmmm, where would be a good place to put spurs?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Here's one now, Ginny: http://www.sodamnhip.com/boot5.html

hmmm, where would be a good place to put spurs?

You just keep them there by your ears now, npy. Sorry Deac, couldn't help myself.

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Six,

Forgetting your love of puns, I read the story and kept looking for a picture. A sailor's tale . . . nyuk, nyuk, nyuk. I must protest that my backside is only wide enough for a short anecdote.

Little Debbie

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

hi sixofnine GREAT QUESTIONS!!!

i am 100% sure i will be confident with my tatts for th rest of my life. art is my life and my tattoos have very special meaning to me!!

YES!

i dont veiw my tattoos as a fashion statement because i usually keep them covered well. i got them for myself! i think they are a fashion statement for some people but not like clothes, makeuo, etc. because tattoos are fairly permanent, whereas makeup and clothes can come off!

i think i would have... when i was younger i really wanted some and they werent really big then...but my mom said no until i was 16!

never been a jw :)!

sixofnine! the decicion is solely yours. closley examine the reasons why you want one, what you want, the 'consequences', the 'rewards', etc.

good luck!!

peace and love, mango

i know the pieces fit because i watched them fall away...

• bijou
    bijou

hey six,

I have a "dot" tattoo on my chest. I had some form of radiation on that area when I was a kid and they left a permanent tattoo dot as a marker. That's all it is, a dot and for years I've wanted to turn it into something more, but haven't....as Ginny says, it seems "naughty", especially since it's on my sternum btwn my breasts. I'm not sure why I feel that way. A tattoo for medical reasons seems ok, but why not turn it into something prettier than a dot? I guess I don't want to one day be a 90 year old lady with a tattoo between my breasts

I tried to take a picture of it for peace but it didn't show up

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit