Those with children, do you want your children to be sexually active?

by free2beme 24 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    Also, anyone who thinks their grandparents were not active when they were younger, before marriage, is just not having an honest discussion with their grandparents.

Precisely. That generation has major stigma attached to 'fooling around' and would never admit it. But it has been happening since the beginning of man.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Of course! All of my children are married.

• Purza
    Purza
    I still have some conservative feelings about sex and young people

So do I. I have a teenage daughter (15.5) and she has a boyfriend. And she has recently asked about birth control - she basically said she wants to be on BC in order to stop the cramping when she has her period. (She thinks I am an idiot). I have told her no as she doesn't need the hormones to screw up her system at such a young age. Okay, kind of a lame excuse, but I can't approve of BC because in my head that would be condoning her having sex. And I just can't do that. I know her having sex is bound to happen, but I still have the JW mind set when it comes to sex and teenagers. I still haven't figure out what I will say and do when she becomes active, but I guess I better figure it out. . . and quickly.

Purza

• prophecor
    prophecor

You can either suffer with the thought of your children having sex, though one would hope with protection and common sense, or you can watch them bring children into the world when they are in no position, financially, emotionally, or mentally capable of being able to handle them.

The onus of raising those children will then fall upon you. You will go from being a parent of a teenager, to a parent of your children's children, leaving you with even less time to get along with the things you need to do for your life. I don't wish to raise children again after getting rid of the ones I already had.

LDH, it is a great thing that you have done for your teenage daughter, getting her invested in music and helping her to have someway of constructively channeling her energy. She probably realises the many disasters that come from teenagers having sex, the drama of boyfriends and girlfriends, unwanted pregnancies and the halting in the tracks of life that often occur as a result of having children at a young age.

• umadevi
    umadevi

It's should be ok if he gets over 18. Provided he understands that sex is not just an entertainment but it also comes with responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit