Australia and New Zealand.

by Low-Key Lysmith 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Me and my fiance are going the rounds on where to go for our honeymoon. She loves the tropics (she grew up in the Phillipines). I can't stand heat paired with humidity (I grew up in Utah.) We have the opportunity to go pretty much wherever we want for the honeymoon. I am pushing for Wales, England, Ireland, Scotland, Amsterdam, Norway. She keeps showing me brochures on Fiji, Tahiti, Bora Bora, etc. and she has relatives who live in Australia and New Zealand. I realize that this is her honeymoon too, and that we need to come to some agreeement on this matter, but it seems that everytime we ever go anywhere on vacation, it's always somewhere hot and miserable. Last time we went to Puerto Rico and I honestly tried to have a good time, but the heat was unbearable.

For those of you who live in Australia and New Zealand, how is the weather there in Sept.? If it's not too hot, I would be willing to explore this possibilty. I also hear that New Zealand has some of the best fly fishing anywhere and I love to fly fish.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you,

-Breck

• Ellie
    Ellie

Why don't you compromise and go somewhere hot but European?, Italy is beautiful in September.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Well......becuase heat is heat whether it be in Italy or Boracai.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Ok, come to Wales, then for a short time I won't be the only apostate here, yippie!!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

That's what I'm sayin'!!!! Her Godparents own a Bed-and-Breakfast somewhere near Swansea. My cousin owns a Bed-and-Breakfast in Devonshire (sp?). I have a friend we could stay with on The Isle of Skye, Amsterdam is, well...........Amsterdam, and I also have non-JW friends and relatives in Ireland. It seems like the obvious choice to me.

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

september is spring here so can range from cold to mild, but I doubt it would be hot.

If the ski season is good you may even encounter some snow ;-)

Yes there is some fantastic fly fishing to be had i believe, although i have never tried it - but i have sampled the trout from others hard work, yum! But then again is fly fishing really a honey moon friendly activity????

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith
    But then again is fly fishing really a honey moon friendly activity????

Sure it is. She likes to fish too.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yeah, but its your honeymoon, surely you don't want to be staying with friends and family, surely you two want to be alone.

• jessthebull
    jessthebull

well then, fishing's all good

Some of the senery in NZ especially in South island is spectacuar and could be very romantic i imagine

NZ is also well set up for visitors with tourism being one of the top industries.

I think it would be an awesome place to visit, but then, perhaps im biased

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

If your travelling in September I really don't think you are going to find the weather too hot. Perhaps the northern states like Northern Territory, Queensland and Western Australia will be a bit warm. But places like Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart & Adelaide are most definately still going to be cool if not cold. Despite Spring starting in September it is still pretty cool in these parts.

It depends on what type of a holiday you want as well. If you want the bustling city then theres lots to do. But you can hire beautiful houseboats and go down the murray, enjoy the tranquility, fish as much as you want. There are many assorted options.

**Edited to add - CONGRATUALATIONS to you both...! I am so pleased for you that you have found happiness together!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit