A Million Little Lies (or The Man Who Conned Oprah)

by sixsixsixtynine 11 Replies latest social entertainment

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

An interesting expose on the bestseller, and Oprah Book Club pick:

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Do you have a link to this? I know some people who are going to buy this book and I'd like to show them this, however they aren't exJWs and have no interest in joining this site just for this information.

Thanks!

Sherry

• skyman
    skyman

Good story thanks

• sixsixsixtynine
  • Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Thanks!

• avishai
    avishai

Well, I want to laugh at him, especially having been someone who HAS gone through a lot of wild stuff during the same time period, his writing definitely rings false. But he's laughing all the way to the bank, so.....

• sixsixsixtynine
    sixsixsixtynine

A much briefer overview:

• anewme
    anewme

So, he is a fiction writer!

He is so good he believes it himself!

The world embraces alot of things but not liars yet I guess.

• doogie
    doogie

this really pisses me off. right now my fiancee's uncle is battling a lot of the things the author supposedly beat. (her uncle has been in a max security facility for over a year and he's not even close to his release date. and when he is released, that's when the real battle will begin.) the whole family has just pounced on this book hoping that it would give them a bit more insight into the uncle's addictions and how best they can help. those in the family who have already finished the book said, "yeah, it was good. but that's not Randy [the uncle]." i think it's interesting that now we see why the character in the book did not fit the MO of a truely debilitated addict...because the author never was one.

to think that some stupid frat boy is making millions off of a character he created and attached his name to is unbelievable.

the article is right. nobody would've cared about this book had it been sold as fiction.

• Rooster
    Rooster

He must be one of the writers for the WTBTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit