How do you choose......

by EC 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

What "oppression" is more grievous than that a soul seeking the truth, and wishing to attain unto the knowledge of God, should know not where to go for it and from whom to seek it?

(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Iqan, p. 31)

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I really appreciate your posts EC! I'm glad you're here. So many things spring to mind in response to what you have to say. Most of all--welcome. Go easy on yourself. You will find your way.

As someone who was raised a 4th gen JW, left, was happily "pagan" for a number of years, and only (re-?)discovered Christianity recently, I know how it is to feel a bit fragile, curious, impatient, puzzled, overwhelmed, free, and insecure all at once.

I don't know what your path holds for you but I can only imagine it will be extremely challenging, deeply rewarding, and, ultimately, quite wonderful.

For myself, I am finding great benefit in slowly reading the Gospel of John, a little bit every day, meditating on it, journaling my thoughts and questions, praying about it (I can't help but talk to Jesus directly much of the time since becoming very personally aware of him), then quietly opening my mind and heart to the presence of God within me and around me.

Oh, that's another good read--Practicing the Presence of God by Brother Laurence. You can download it free at e-sword along with Strong's Concordance and the KJV Bible.

My daughter and I are both enjoying the Gospel of John DVD I found at the video store (she wants to watch a little bit of it every night before bed). And I love the Tao te Ching. But enough about me

Best wishes.

~Merry

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

The little book I recommend to everyone to see past the sincere but superstitious erroneous reading of scriptures is:

What the Bible Really Teaches by Keith Ward

After running in circles for years wondering why this religion contradicts that, and wht apparent contradictions within the Bible, this helped me get the whole thing. Almost a Eureka moment for me a few months ago. Hope it helps. Best I've read since Ray Franz and Don Cameron, but does not even mention Witnesses.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Welcome EC, and thank you for those beautiful posts. I'm glad you came here.

You know a lot more than you know. Breathe, trust, and walk step by step. That's what faith is about.

Take care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit