Who was Jesus really?

by Spectrum 55 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jake99
    Jake99

What I implied was that if a man just like Jesus were to be on earth, today, in the flesh, he would be considered so extreme or strange that all would turn away from him. He would end up being treated just as Jesus was after eluding to being the messiah. The judges and leaders of this world would tear him and his family to pieces trying to destroy or stop him from saying such things and standing against them.

Therefore the cleverness of performing hundreds of miracles and prophecies without people recognizing who he was would again be essential to proving that he is not a liar, lunatic or imposter. Blasphemy and big talk accompanied by a big walk and a simple plan sometimes looks like a nut case untill you open your mind to what the bible implies.

Not one sane person, other than Jesus, has ever claimed to be the Christ, Thus you automatically consider all who claim to be the Christ just plain crazy. That is why the true Messiah reveals and proves his identity by example in places where it will be recorded and witnessed by many. So that when the time comes all he has to do is get you to look at the residue he left behind that proves he is the Christ. Nobody bothered to look at what Jeus did untill he was long gone and the evidence was as well.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Jake,
    "Nobody bothered to look at what Jeus did untill he was long gone and the evidence was as well."

Maybe nobody looked because nothing of the sort happened. Maybe they turned some ingeneous guy into a legend to whom they later appended miralces. It's clever because nobody could prove it never happened. It was all faith based anyway. Maybe that's why the NT bangs on that faith is enough to save, desparate people will latch on to anything.

• Golf
    Golf

Its'whatever you want to believe him to be.

Golf

• skyman
    skyman

If the messiah does come in our life time I hope he finds me and puts my fingers in his nail wounds. Takes me in a vision to see the long dead faithful men of old. Yes allmost forgot takes me to the third kingdom of heaven.

I believe there is a history that has been burned. This history was so damning the chruch had a campaign they could not afford to loose. This campaign took us into the dark ages. This was a time that any knowledge was dealt with quick finalism, which destroyed any knowledge that went against the church. Constantine was the man that started this. He dressed like a woman killed his brother in law with his bare hands, killed his oldest son and one of his wives. Just previous to the Council of Nicaea which he presided over he was initiated into religious order of Sol Invictus, that regarded the Sun as the one and only Supreme God. His entire reign was known as the Sun-Emperorship he made monuments to honor the Sun god.

This is the man that gave us the religion of today. He gave us the Jesus you worship. If Jesus is the king he better give anyone with half a brain a seconded chance because the thinking person can see right through all the hype.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Skyman,

THis is interesting stuff but i need proof. I know that Constantine was an unsavoury character he also killed his mother i believe but don't quote me on that.
    THere is a possibility that the clergy back then realised that there was some fraud committed by the early Christians and so the clergy covered it up for the sake of power. It would have been their undoing.

Your other point about the Romans. If christ was going around performing miracles under the noses of the Romans then why was this not recorded. I can understand them not being interested in his teachings but miracles are head turning stuff even to the Romans who thought they were the best thing since sliced bread.

• Jake99
    Jake99

If you suspect you are the Christ at an early age as Jesus was said to have, whether real or not, you would automatically be on track. You would have far better abilities than others and you would demonstrate and conceal them at the same time. You would have to prove it to yourself before you could say such a thing to others. I mean everyone is looking for you and you have to perform miracles and prophecies without revealing what you are doing. And then when the time comes you strike like a warrior at the heart of the anti Christ in the courtrooms as Jesus did and admit to being the messiah. That forces the action of determining if he is delusional or an imposter which verifys that in the end that he is the Christ. What better way to punch the anti christ in the legal teeth than to do what Jesus did and claim to out rank him and have plans of destroying his ways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit