Satan controlling 'the world'

by lime05 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lime05
    lime05

Jehovah's witnesses frequently blame the evil in this world on Satan and his demons. God could destroy the devil today if he wanted to but there are reasons why that doesnt happen which I accept. But if God did destroy the Satan the devil today would pedophiles, rapists, murderers, terrorists and natural disasters, etc... cease to exist over night because Satan does not exist. This would be impossible as the entire basis of peoples lives would be overturned. your views please.

• Shazard
    Shazard

If God would destroy Satan he should destroy yourself too... --- One Sin to rule them all, One Sin to find them, One Sin to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

First of all, there is no such thing as satan. Man is capable of this evil without some big old bogeyman to blame it on. We can be responsible for this, we do have free will. I have a choice today to do good or ill. It is my choice. If I have some psychotic reason for doing ill, that can be proven to be based on the psychosis, still not satan.

Sherry

• Mary
    Mary
    if God did destroy the Satan the devil today would pedophiles, rapists, murderers, terrorists and natural disasters, etc... cease to exist over night because Satan does not exist. This would be impossible as the entire basis of peoples lives would be overturned

I believe there is a Satan out there and I believe the bastard indeed has a legion of demons who harass humans in various ways. However, even if God destroyed him tomorrow, you'd still have pedophiles, rapists, murderers and terrorists because I think the majority of these people would be like that with or without Satan's help----for many of them, they're like this due to their upbringing or possibly something wrong with them mentally. While I guess Satan is ultimately responsible for the sorry state of the world, I think many of our problems are man-made, not Satan-made.

• FairMind
    FairMind

For the most part Satan has only to sit back and watch sinful, imperfect mankind do all the wrongs we see everyday. I think Satan gives things a little nudge now and then to make world events head in the direction he wants. I also beleive it is Satan's evil spirit that permeates the entertainment industry. After all he is the God of this system of things.

• lime05
    lime05
    First of all, there is no such thing as satan

Thats what I was getting at lol. If this evil creature, this manslayer is responsible for the worlds suffering if he was eliminated its logical to assume that the worlds problems would still remain.

I think many of our problems are man-made, not Satan-made.

(Revelation 12:9) ''Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing has a short period of time.''

The evil objective of Satan and the demons is to turn people against Jehovah God. Hence, these wicked ones have been misleading, frightening, and assaulting people throughout human history. (Revelation 12:9)

Surely this means that Satan and the demons have an influence now over people not just because mankind inherited sin and imperfection when Adam and Eve sinned.

• lime05
    lime05
    I think Satan gives things a little nudge now and then to make world events head in the direction he wants. I also beleive it is Satan's evil spirit that permeates the entertainment industry.

So if Satan decided to stop casting his 'evil spirit' for a few years just to see how things pan out, would the entertainment industry stop making films/programmes which contain extreme graphic violence and explicit sex and go all 'clean' on us. Give me a break.

• Carmel
    Carmel

The reality underlying this question is that the evil spirit, Satan or whatever is interpreted as evil, refers to the lower nature in man. This baser nature is symbolized in various ways. In man there are two expressions, one is the expression of nature, the other the expression of the spiritual realm. The world of nature is defective. Look at it clearly, casting aside all superstition and imagination. If you should leave a man uneducated and barbarous in the wilds of Africa, would there be any doubt about his remaining ignorant? God has never created an evil spirit; all such ideas and nomenclature are symbols expressing the mere human or earthly nature of man. It is an essential condition of the soil of earth that thorns, weeds and fruitless trees may grow from it. Relatively speaking, this is evil; it is simply the lower state and baser product of nature.

(Abdu'l-Baha, Foundations of World Unity, p. 77)

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I personally don't believe in the "Boogie Man".

What kind of screwed up logic has a "God of Love" leaving his human creation susceptible to a powerful, unseen, evil creature to be influenced, manipulated and deceived. If true God plans to kill humans for falling prey to the wolf he unleashed on his children.

It's the same senslessness found in all of humanities ancient religious superstitions.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Satan gets blamed for a heap of things he's got nothing to do with.

Humans do mighty well all by themselves. Sympathy For the Devil??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit